Get ready for grilling season with these Pellet Grill Recipes!
It’s about time for grilling season, or did you ever really stop?! I don’t think we really stopped at all. I’m going to get you all set though today with these pellet grill recipes.
Last year, we purchased a Green Mountain Pellet Grill and we’ve used it almost ALL year long!
What pellet grill recipes should you cook?
Anything! It’s true you can make desserts, main dishes, grilled meats, and more on your pellet grill.
Some of the more common items to make on the pellet grill would be grilled chicken, turkey, smoked meats such as brisket or bologna, and then of course you can make desserts too such as a cobbler or pie.
The entire meal can be made on the pellet grill including the side dishes.
Does it take longer to cook food on the pellet grill?
It will really depend on what you plan to cook, it is going to take a bit longer than a typical gas grill; however, again it really depends on what you are cooking.
Making Pellet Grilled Baked Potatoes, really won’t take much longer than doing them in the oven. The benefit of making them on the grill is that you can make them right alongside your meat without having to use the oven at all.
What type of pellets should you use for a pellet grill?
There are a wide variety of pellets to choose from, personally, we like the combination in this Pit Boss variety of pellets.
There is a variety though to choose from such as:
- Apple Wood
- Hickory Wood
- Pecan Wood
- Cherry Wood
- Mesquite Wood
- …and many more!
We go for the variety and that includes the Apple, Hickory, and Mesquite. It gives a great flavor and aroma to many foods you make on your pellet grill.
Recipes to pair with Pellet Grill Recipes:
Many recipes can be made along with pellet grill recipes such as marinades or butter even many side dishes too. Here are a few great marinades to help you with meats.
Remember these recipes will use both the smoked function and the traditional grill function of the pellet grill! If it’s being smoked it will be cooked low and slow.
Pellet Grill Recipes
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef or Beef Chuck
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats or Gluten-Free Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Begin by preparing pellet grill and heating to 225*F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the meatloaf.
- Once the ingredients are combined, shape and form the meatloaf onto the sheet of foil.
- Roll up the sides to secure the meatloaf.
- Once the pellet grill reaches 225*F, carefully place the meatloaf on the grill for 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165*F.
- Prepare the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Combine the ketchup, sugar, chopped onion, liquid smoke, and garlic powder.
- Once it reaches a low bowl, whisk well until the sugar is dissolved.
- In the final hour of cooking, carefully open the grill and use a brush to brush the sauce evenly onto the meatloaf.
- Let cook an additional hour until the internal temperature has been reached.
- Carefully remove and place on a cutting board or serving tray and serve.