Make the BEST Smoked Spinach Artichoke Dip right on your Pellet Grill or Smoker!
One of the best dips to have for game days and parties is this Smoked Artichoke Dip!
It’s got that same great creamy taste and flavor but with a little bit of a smoked flavor added in, plus you can cook it right alongside your smoked meats too.
What pan is used to make this dip?
That pan that you smoke this in is very important because it has to be able to handle the heat of the smoker.
The best one to use is a 10-inch Cast Iron Skillet. This works really well for this dish, however, you can also use a disposable aluminum pan too.
If you are looking for the stovetop version, check out this stovetop dip.
Tips for making Smoked Spinach Artichoke Dip:
This Smoked Spinach Dip we make is with frozen spinach; however, you can also use fresh spinach.
If you use fresh spinach you would want to use about 3 cups to equal the same as 20oz of frozen spinach.
This dip is going to be made by using the food processor first to chop down the artichokes and spinach, then you will proceed with mixing it in a bowl and preparing it in the cast iron pan.
What pellets should you use for Smoked Spinach Artichoke Dip?
Any pellets can be used for this dip; however, we like to use the variety pack that gives you many different flavors added in. I find this works for just about any pellet grill recipe.
What should you serve this dip with?
This dip is best served with vegetables like sweet peppers or tortilla chips. It can also be served with pita bread slices or naan bread slices, each of these works well with this recipe.
Now it’s time to enjoy a game day and this tasty dip!
Smoked Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 2 10oz Frozen Spinach (Thawed and Drained Well)
- 2 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 14 oz Can Artichoke Hearts (Drained and Chopped)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Tortilla Chips
- Crusty Sliced Bread
- Pita Chips
- Thaw and drain the spinach if not already, this can be drained by squeezing it between paper towels to get as much liquid out of the thawed spinach as possible. (See Note)
- Reserve 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese for the topping.
- Use a food processor and lightly chop up the artichokes into fine pieces. If you are using fresh spinach, you would also want to chop this as well.
- Using a large bowl, add in the garlic, sour cream, mayo, cream cheese, parmesan, 1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese, artichoke hearts, salt, and pepper.
- Carefully fold in the spinach.
- Add this mixture to an aluminum baking pan, oven-safe dish, or a cast iron skillet. (I used a 10inch Cast Iron Skillet.)
- Top with the reserved Mozzarella Cheese.
- Set the smoker to 250*F and preheat.
- Once it has reached 250*F, add the prepared dip to the smoker and smoke for 45 minutes.
- Raise the temperature to 375*F and smoke this for an additional 30 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Carefully remove and serve warm with your choice of serving options.