As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
These Easy Grilled Potatoes in foil pair wonderfully with your favorite grilled meat!
Steak and Potatoes is a go-to meal during the summer months, made right out on the grill. These Grilled Potatoes are the perfect option to pair with your favorite steak.
If you enjoyed these Grilled Potatoes, you’ll love these Grilled Cheesy Potatoes too.
These grilled potatoes can be made right out on an open flame too in a foil packet. That means this is a great camping recipe too.
What do you need for Grilled Potatoes?
- Russet Potatoes
- Yellow Onion
- Seasoned Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Variety of Toppings (Bacon, Chives, Sour Cream)
These grilled potatoes use simple ingredients that are easy to take on your camping trip too. We love to make these at just about every cookout that we host, plus it’s a frugal meal too.
Tips for Making Grilled Potatoes:
When making grilled potatoes, be sure to use the heavy-duty foil that will not rip or tear. All foil is not created equal, so the name brands tend to work best for this.
Think of this as a baked potato with your favorite toppings for baked potatoes, you’ll enjoy those over these grilled potatoes too.
We like to use Vidalia onions if you have any on hand in place of the yellow onion too. It adds a great sweet flavor to the potatoes.
The mushrooms are optional and can be used if you like mushrooms, if you do not, just do not add them to the foil packet. These are great to customize because you can do individual foil packets for each person that will be eating the grilled potatoes.
Best foods to pair grilled potatoes with:
Now it’s time to make these easy grilled potatoes in foil next time you have a cookout!
- 2 Pounds of Russet Potatoes - Cut into Slices
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 8oz Container Mushroom, Cleaned and Sliced (Optional)
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 Tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Toppings (Bacon, Chives, Sour Cream, Cheese)
- Aluminum Foil
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Lay 4 pieces of aluminum foil on a tray or cutting board for easy transporting to the grill.
- Wash and cut potatoes, place on the foil.
- Add the onions and mushrooms on top of the foil.
- Cut the butter into pieces and add a tablespoon to each packet.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl and evenly sprinkle into each packet about 1/2 Tsp.
- Wrap each packet up and grill over indirect heat for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g