Learn how to make these easy Pellet Grilled Chicken Thighs using simple ingredients!
This year we are trying out lots of new recipes using our Green Mountain Pellet Grill. My husband and I spent months researching which grill to purchase. Our last grill did well for about 10 years, we got lots of use out of it, but it finally went out on us right around Christmas.
It worked out well, my husband got to pick out a new grill for Christmas, which he was thrilled about. We decided to go with a pellet grill this time, which he likes to say is a cheaters way to grill. It actually is pretty fabulous!
What does a pellet grill do?
They do it all, Pellet Grills actually is a combination of all the different functions of the grill. That means you can bake on it, smoke meats, and grill burgers…all of it in one!
Find out more about pellet grills with this article.
Tips for Making Pellet Grilled Chicken Thighs:
If you want the BEST flavor in these chicken thighs, be sure to do the marinade first. I adapted these Glazed Chicken Thighs to make these Pellet Grilled Chicken Thighs and the flavor in the chicken is wonderful with this marinade.
The pellet grill will need to be heated up to 350*F first before putting the chicken thighs on the grill.
They will then cook for about 30-35 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165*F. We prefer to get them closer to 170*F.
I also suggest flipping them about halfway through the cooking time.
Once done, you will have juicy, delicious chicken thighs.
Can you make this recipe with chicken breast?
This recipe can be done with chicken breast; however, I HIGHLY suggest chicken thighs. We use boneless, skinless chicken thighs, you’ll find the taste and texture is just so much better.
Chicken breasts tend to dry out much more quickly than chicken thighs, if you do use chicken breast start checking on them for around 20 minutes.
Now it’s time to enjoy some delicious Pellet Grilled Chicken Thighs!
Pellet Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Gluten Free Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Add the defrosted chicken thighs to a large Ziploc bag.
- Add in the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, ground ginger and garlic.
- Seal the bag and coat the chicken well.
- Let this sit and soak for at least 2 hours or all day, the longer, the better.
- When ready to cook, warm up the pellet grill to 350*F.
- Place the chicken thighs on the grill and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Flip them and cook an additional 15-20 minutes until the internal temperature reaches at least 165*F.