Make the perfect summer treat with this Patriotic Jello Jigglers Recipe!
It’s that time of year to start thinking about summer desserts, do you have some favorites? One of mine is Jello…of course and even better when your kids can get involved and make it right with you.
I grew up with the Jello commercials and the Jello Jigglers, they are so easy to make and perfect to teach the kids too.
What is the difference between Jello and Jello Jigglers?
Jello Jigglers are more firm, they do not fall apart as quickly as just plain Jello would.
They are made using boxes of Jello along with unflavored Gelatin, which is what firms them up.
What flavors of Jello should you use for Patriotic Jello Jigglers?
These can be made with any flavors and colors that you prefer, but if you want to do red and blue use these colors:
- Berry Blue
- Blue Raspberry
These are the ones we choose from, but simply pick one that is red or blue.
Tips for Making Patriotic Jello Jigglers:
This recipe is written for 1 color, if you plan to do a mix of colors for instance red and blue, then double this recipe.
That means you will need 3 Boxes of Blue Jello and 3 Boxes of Red Jello along with 2 Boxes of Unflavored Gelatin. This is also pointed out in the recipe card.
The recipe will be made for each color you plan to use. It’s also important if you want to get the right size squares to use an 8×8 baking pan to pour the Jello into, this gives it the right thickness.
This recipe is not done in molds, but in 8×8 baking pans.
Once done, you can serve it with whipped cream as a parfait or as is!
Can you make Jello Jigglers sugar-free?
This recipe can be done with sugar-free alternatives as well, just choose ones in the correct color that you prefer.
Enjoy this fun recipe for Patriotic Jello Jigglers!
Be sure to also check out these Mini Patriotic Cupcakes.
Patriotic Jello Jigglers
- 3 Small 3oz Each Jello, Strawberry or Cherry and Berry Blue (Will need 3 of each if you want to do red and blue - *see note)
- 1 Box - 4 envelopes 1oz Each Unflavored Gelatin (Need 1 box for each set of colors you do - *see note)
- 4 1/2 Cups Boiling Water
- Whipped Topping
- Note - Make this recipe double for additional flavors and colors.
- Set out a square 8x8 pan for each flavor and color you plan to make. In this case, 2 pans for red and blue or you can repeat these steps for each flavor. **See Notes***
- Heat the water to boiling, either in the microwave or on the stove.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Jello and unflavored gelatin.
- Carefully pour the boiling water over the jello mixture and stir for 2-3 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Pour into pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.
- Repeat if needed for additional flavors.
- Cut into squares or shapes and serve with whipped cream or toppings.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.