As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make this EASY Patriotic Chex Mix in less than 10 minutes!
Get ready for the upcoming summer season with this Easy Patriotic Chex Mix! This will be the perfect quick and easy snack mix for the 4th of July or a variety of patriotic holidays.
It’s even great to make for a simple pool party snack too. I don’t know about you, but my kids seem to get super hungry when it comes to swimming, so a good recipe is always much needed to have to snack on!
Tips for Making Patriotic Chex Mix:
It’s best to use a squeeze bottle to add the chocolate, it makes it even and you can get a nice coating of it with the white chocolate, red, and blue candy melts.
It’s also best to use Twizzlers for this or similar licorice. If you are planning to make this gluten-free, be sure to find a gluten-free alternative as Twizzlers are not gluten-free.
This snack mix can be stored in an airtight container until you are ready to serve it.
What do you need for Patriotic Snack Mix?
- Chex Corn Cereal
- Chocolate Candy (M&Ms)
- Mini Marshmallows
- Twizzlers or Red Vines
- White Almond Bark
- Red Candy Melts
- Blue Candy Melts
- Patriotic Sprinkles
It’s best to spread this out into a large sheet pan that you can evenly spread out all of the mixes onto, then layer with the melted chocolate evenly. Once it fully hardens, you will simply break it apart and serve it!
This is the perfect snack mix to get the kids involved in making too, it’s a great one since it is a no-bake too. We love to make this earlier in the day and save it for an afternoon snack.
If you want to try a baking recipe try these Gluten-Free Mini Patriotic Cupcakes.
Another great recipe to make, Patriotic Cake Mix Cookies from Leftovers then Breakfast!
Enjoy this Easy Patriotic Chex Mix!
- 5 Cups Pretzels
- 5 Cups Chex Corn Cereal
- 2 Cups Chocolate Candy (M&Ms)
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 8-10 Twizzlers or Red Vines
- 1 Lb White Almond Bark
- 1 Bag Red Candy Melts
- 1 Bag Blue Candy Melts
- Patriotic Sprinkles
- In a very large bowl, stir together pretzels and cereals.
- Add candy and marshmallows then stir together.
- Spread evenly onto a large baking sheet.
- Cut Twizzlers into small pieces and add on top.
- Add the M&Ms or Chocolate Candy on top.
- In 3 separate microwave-safe bowls, melt the chocolate for 30 seconds, stir and continue heating for 10-20 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until the chocolate is melted. Continue stirring until smooth. Do this with the white chocolate and candy melts.
- Transfer into plastic squeeze bottles. (Optional - but easier to drizzle when using bottles.)
- Drizzle with white chocolate, then red and blue melted chocolate.
- Immediately add the sprinkles.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes to harden.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 708Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 730mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 8gSugar: 36gProtein: 16g