Make these festive Gluten-Free Mini Patriotic Cupcakes, that are easy to make gluten-free too.
These Mini Patriotic Cupcakes are the perfect option for the 4th of July, easy to make with or without gluten so that you can accommodate your guest.
It’s all about the cake mix!
If you enjoy these, you’ll really love this American Flag Cookie Cake, also easy to make gluten-free too. I’m all about gluten-free desserts!
What do you need for Mini Patriotic Cupcakes?
- Mini Cupcake Pan
- Mini Cupcake Liners
- White Cake Mix or Gluten-Free White Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Red & Blue Jimmie Sprinkles
Where can you find the patriotic sprinkles and decorations?
These decorations and sprinkles are almost always available at Target or Walmart as we head into the 4th of July season, I typically stock up on a couple to use throughout the year for other occasions as needed.
They can also be found on Amazon too.
How do you make these Gluten-Free Mini Patriotic Cupcakes?
The main thing needed to make these gluten-free is the cake mix. I prefer to use Better Batter Cake Mix but you can also use these varieties too:
Each of these will work perfectly fine in these cupcakes and if you aren’t gluten-free, just use your favorite cake mix! It’s that easy.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Mini Patriotic Cupcakes:
Carefully fold in the sprinkles so that you do not mix the colors together too much. It is about 1/4 cup of each color of sprinkles that will be added.
In regards to frosting, it’s best to use a vanilla frosting for the base then you can accent with red and blue or do a little of all three colors.
Can you make these regular size cupcakes too?
These can ABSOLUTELY be made into regular-sized cupcakes too, the only switch would be to use a regular cupcake pan that will fit 24 cupcakes.
Instead of 48 mini cupcakes, you would be able to make 24 regular cupcakes.
More Gluten-Free Cupcake Recipes:
Now as we head into the holidays, these are perfect to make for your guests and fun for the kids to get involved with too.
Gluten-Free Mini Patriotic Cupcakes
- 1 Box Gluten-Free White or Yellow Cake Mix or Regular
- 4 Large Egg Whites Room Temp (See Note)
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Red and Blue Jimmie Sprinkles
- Vanilla Frosting Red, White, and Blue if you Prefer
- Decorations of Your Choice
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Add the cupcake liners to the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix, egg whites, buttermilk, and oil.
- Mix until completely smooth.
- Fold in the sprinkles carefully do the colors don't run.
- Add the batter to each cupcake liner, about 1/2 full.
- Bake at 350*F for 12-14 minutes or until when poked in the center with a toothpick, it comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Frost them with the frosting and decorations of your choice.