Make delicious Pellet Grill Burgers on your pellet grill or smoker!
Making Pellet Grill Burgers have become a go-to for us for a quick meal, although it takes a bit to cook they come together so quickly and are pretty hands-off. The pellet grill does all the real work!
What ground beef should you use for Pellet Grill Burgers?
These burgers are made with 80/20 blend of ground beef or chuck. This blend works the best because it keeps the patty shape and size together throughout cooking time.
Once you have your ground beef, you will want to measure out 8oz of ground beef per patty and then shape them to be about 1/2 inch thick.
These can be measured using a kitchen scale.
What pellets should you use for these?
We opt to choose between a signature blend which is a mixture of pellets or using Pecan.
I’ve really enjoyed pecan lately as most of the time we use the blend. It’s important to choose the right pellets as this will impact the flavor of the meat that you smoke.
How long does it take to cook burgers on a pellet grill?
These burgers will take about 90 minutes to cook on the pellet grill.
They will initially be cooked low at 225*F for about an hour and then the temperature will be increased to finish the cooking time.
Tips for Making Pellet Grill Burgers:
If you enjoy bacon on your burgers, be sure to add some Smoked Bacon to your burger.
Other toppings of your choice can be added such as lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup, or mustard.
We also like to add cheese toward the end of the cooking time so that it melts onto the patty, that’s also an option!
What should you serve these with?
Here are some great side dish options:
Ninja Foodi Sweet Potato Fries
Enjoy these tasty burgers!
Pellet Grill Burgers
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef (80/20)
- Sea Salt to Taste
- Cracked Pepper to Taste
- Sliced Cheese
- Sliced Bacon
- Set up the smoker to 225*F.
- Make your burger patties, and measure out 8oz of ground beef per patty. Shape your ground beef to about 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the burger patties onto the smoker grates and smoke until the internal temperature reaches 135*F. (Usually takes up to an hour depending on the thickness.)
- Increase the temperature of the smoker to 450*F. Once this has been reached, sear the patties on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Add cheese slices after the last flip if desired.
- Burgers are done when the internal temperature reaches 165*F.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!