Learn how to make easy potato salad, naturally gluten-free too, this is the perfect summer side dish!
It’s just about the official start to summer although we’ve already officially started summer at our house. It may look a bit different this year, but honestly for us it’s not all that different.
We are having a pool installed this year, we’ve been debating a hard-sided above ground pool for a while now and decided this would be the year to do it. So I expect we will have many evenings eating outdoors and enjoying the pool, which means this Classic Easy Potato Salad will be in our fridge at all times as a side dish for dinner!
We love serving it up with sandwiches for lunch too, something about the summer and sandwiches just goes together.
What do you need for Easy Potato Salad?
- Medium Sized Potatoes
- Red Onion
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Sweet Relish
- Yellow Mustard
Do you need to peel the potatoes?
This will all be based on personal preference. I prefer to peel the potatoes for this Classic Potato Salad, with Red Potato Salad I prefer to leave them on.
These will be boiled though before peeling, so they will be easy to peel just before preparing the salad.
Can you prepare potato salad ahead of time?
It’s best to prepare this the day before you plan to serve it, which gives it plenty of time to chill in the fridge. It can be stored for a good 5-7 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
This is a great recipe to prepare the night before you plan to serve it, so it gets cold overnight and is ready to go the following day.
What should you serve it with?
Now it’s time to enjoy this Easy Potato Salad!
Easy Potato Salad (Gluten-Free)
- 6-8 Medium Sized Potatoes About 2 Pounds
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion Finely Chopped
- 3 Stalks Celery Finely Chopped
- 3 Eggs Hard-Boiled & Chopped
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Relish
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tsp Yellow Mustard
- Add potatoes to a large saucepan, cover with water, adding 1-2 inches above potatoes and cook until fork-tender.
- Remove from water, add to a large bowl with water and ice to stop the cooking process and make peeling easier. Leave in ice water for about 5 minutes.
- Remove skins from potatoes, rinse and cut into small cubes.
- Add to a large bowl with chopped celery, onions, and chopped eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine the other ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Add to potatoes and stir to combine.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.