As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Learn exactly how to make grilled pizza with this grilled pizza method!
One of our favorite ways to cook a pizza is grilled! Did you know you can grill pizza right on your backyard grill?
That’s right, you can! It’s so easy too and it gives such a great flavor to the pizza.
During the warmer months, this is a go-to for us on Friday nights. That’s typically our pizza night. The kids usually get involved and make their own pizza.
How do you make a Grilled Pizza?
It’s actually very simple; however, you will want to be near the grill to watch it closely to be sure it does not burn.
The first thing you will want to do is prepare the pizza dough. If you need a great gluten-free crust we love this Gluten-Free Delivery Style Pizza Crust. Once it’s prepared, the dough will be rolled out on foil or in a cast iron pan or a grill-safe baking stone.
Once it’s prepared, it’s time to place on the grill for just a few minutes. Once it’s cooked on one side, we carefully flip over the crust so that the cooked side is up.
At that point, it’s time to top it with your favorite toppings. Then, you will want to close the lid and let it cook for a few more minutes.
Carefully remove and serve.
Grilled Pizza gives a great fire-grilled taste to the pizza crust without using a wood fire oven.
Do you need a baking stone for Grilled Pizza?
It’s certainly okay to use a baking stone; however, we have found that foil actually works the best. It’s easy to flip the pizza oven with the foil.
What temperature should you grill pizza?
The grill should be on high heat at least 500 degrees.
Tips for Making Grilled Pizza
Be sure to keep a close eye on it as it will cook quickly. It’s best to have your toppings right next to the grill ready to top the pizza.
Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Now it’s ready to get started with Grilled Pizza!
This is such a great option especially if it gets very hot where you live as it does here, it’s much nicer to grill outside rather than heat up the house with the oven.
How to Make Grilled Pizza
- Pizza Dough Crust
- Pizza Sauce and Toppings
- After you have prepared your pizza dough, roll it out and form the crust.
- At this point, we used a 9 inch cast iron skillet and spread the dough in the skillet. Based on reviews, you can also use tin foil and roll it out into a circle as well as a cast iron griddle, or pizza pan.
- Next, place the pizza on the grill keeping it at medium heat. Let this grill for about 5-8 minutes, watch it closely to be sure it does not burn.
- Remove the pizza from the grill and flip it over so that the uncooked side is facing down and the cooked side is up.
- Build the pizza of your choice on the cooked side including the sauce and toppings.
- Now, place the pizza back on the grill for 5-8 minutes to cook the bottom of the pizza.
- Remove and serve!