As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Grilling season is in full swing and the best way to start out is to learn how to make Garlic Butter Ribeyes on the grill!
I think I have found the steak recipe that wins my heart, Garlic Butter Ribeyes. We’ve decided our favorite cut is the ribeye. It gives the most tender and juicy taste and texture.
It’s extremely important to choose the best cut and brand of steak too, which is why we always pick up the Certified Angus Beef ® brand. We are able to find this brand in full supply at our local grocery store, Reasor’s.
If you are trying to stay put and out of the store, there is another option too, you can order steak packs directly from Certified Angus Beef. Does it get any easier?
What is a Ribeye Steak?
We prefer boneless ribeye steaks, but you can also get bone-in too. Ribeyes have more fat on them that surrounds the steak and is typically in the middle as well.
The fat though really helps the flavor and distributes it throughout the steak. It turns out very juicy and tender.
They can be cooked in a variety of ways but for this recipe, we decided to grill them.
How long should you cook Garlic Butter Ribeyes?
When steak reaches 165 degrees it’s well done, no pink. The length of time you cook a Ribeye Steak will depend on your desired doneness. I prefer it to be about 145-150 degrees internally, this will get it to almost well done but just a touch of pink, medium well.
These are best cooked on medium-high heat for about 6 minutes on each side. They do cook quickly, so you will want to keep a close eye on them.
How to Make Garlic Butter Ribeyes on the Grill:
Of course, after you grill Ribeyes, the best part is that additional flavor that you get with Garlic Butter Ribeyes.
There are few steps to take in making Garlic Butter Ribeyes. For this recipe, I used 2 12oz Ribeyes, this actually fed 4 of us, but it will depend on how much steak you eat. Remember there is fat content on these that you will likely trim off after cooking as well.
The garlic butter will be prepared with unsalted butter, fresh garlic, parsley, and rosemary. Once the butter is whipped up, after cooking the steaks, they will be placed in individual sheets of foil.
I add even amounts of garlic butter to each steak and foil wrap them so that they can rest. They will be warm enough to melt the butter, and it will run evenly over the steak.
It soaks into the steak and adds a delicious, restaurant-quality flavor to the steak as well.
After about 5 minutes, unwrap the steak, carefully slice, and serve with your favorite sides like asparagus.
Now it’s time to enjoy these delicious, melt-in-your-mouth Garlic Butter Ribeyes!
If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to check out this Grilled Beef Tenderloin Recipe from the Best Beef Recipes, you will love it!
- 2 12oz Ribeyes (Boneless or Bone-In)
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 Tsp Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper
- Aluminum Foil
- Add the salt and pepper to the steaks and let them sit and rest for about 2 hours before grilling. (They should be defrosted.)
- While the steaks are resting, go ahead and add the butter to a bowl.
- Crush the garlic over the butter, then add the parsley and rosemary. Let this sit so the butter can soften.
- Once the butter is softened, whip it together with a fork or a spoon to combine.
- Once ready to grill, grill the steaks on medium-high heat for 6 minutes on each side or until your desired doneness.
- Prepare 2 sheets of foil.
- Once the steaks are done, place each steak on a sheet of foil and add half the butter to each steak.
- Tent or seal the steak for 5 minutes. This allows the steak to rest and the butter to melt.
- Once the time is up, carefully open and use a fork to move the butter over the steak if needed to finish melting.
- Cut and serve with your favorite sides.
This recipe typically serves 4 a 6oz portion of steak; however, serving size will vary depending on how much you serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g