As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get ready to make a great dinner with these Pellet Grill Chicken Fajitas in foil packs!
This recipe can also be adapted to cook right on an open flame if you happen to be cooking out for a camp out too.
What do you need for Pellet Grill Chicken Fajitas?
- Heavy Duty Foil
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Bell Pepper
- Sweet Onion
- Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning
- Cooking Oil Spray
Tips for Making Pellet Grill Chicken Fajitas:
First, remember that all foil is not created equally, be sure to get a heavy-duty foil that will not rip once you have the food prepared in it.
This particular recipe made 4 foil packs for our family, it is best to rotate these foil packs to get them evenly cooked on all sides, you can also open them up toward the end of the cooking time to vent.
Once done, just serve each foil pack with warm tortillas and sides of your choice. The tortillas can also be warmed upright on the grill as well.
The pellet grill does need to be warmed up to 350*F before placing the foil packs on the grill, once that is done the foil packs can be added and cooked for about 30 minutes. The internal temperature needs to be at least 165*F before serving.
Can you make gluten-free pellet grill chicken fajitas?
This recipe is easy and adaptable to gluten-free, using a gluten-free taco or fajita seasoning.
The fajitas can then be served on white corn tortillas, making this a very frugal, simple gluten-free meal.
It’s time to enjoy a delicious dinner!
- 2 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Onion, Diced
- 2 Tbsp Gluten-Free or Regular Fajitas or Taco Seasoning
- Grapeseed or Avocado Oil Spray
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Preheat pellet grill to 350*F.
- Place 4 sheets of foil out.
- Sliced the chicken thighs.
- Spray each sheet of foil with cooking oil spray.
- Place the chicken, bell peppers, and onions on each sheet of foil evenly.
- Top evenly with seasoning.
- Coat with oil spray.
- Wrap up the foil packets.
- Place the foil packets on the grill and cook for 15 minutes, rotate, and cook for an additional 15+ minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165*F.
- The foil packs can be opened up in the last 10 minutes or so of cooking to vent if preferred.
- Serve with warm tortillas.
I have used olive oil spray regularly with this recipe without an issue, it does have a much lower smoke point than the other oils mentioned above.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 539Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 584mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 59g