As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a delicious Pellet Grill Turkey Breast, this is cooked low and slow for a great juicy flavor!
We have been using our pellet grill quite a bit lately, we’ve recently discovered just how delicious this Pellet Grill Turkey Breast is. It’s wonderful for dinner paired with a great side dish or even on sandwiches too.
What temperature should you cook a turkey breast on a pellet grill?
For this particular turkey breast, we went with a cooking temperature of 325*F. We did test out many cooking times, this took close to 3 hours.
I found it was best to rotate the turkey breast around the 90-minute mark to get it fully cooked on all sides. The first time we made this it took significantly longer to cook. The top seemed to cook faster than the bottom.
Rotating the turkey breast fixed this issue.
I also left the netting on the turkey breast and tried it without it. As you see in the picture, it’s on the turkey breast. I would actually remove it before cooking instead of after. It’s extremely difficult to remove after cooking without taking off that crispy outer layer.
If you prefer, you can also cook it even lower for longer to get more of a smoked texture and taste. This could be cooked at 225*F for 4-5 hours for a smoked option. We found that the higher temperature and shorter time worked just as well.
What size turkey breast do you use?
We used a boneless turkey breast to make this recipe, it was about 4 pounds. These are found at any local supermarket.
This recipe is adapted from this Air Fryer Turkey Breast recipe, which is you are in a pinch for time, air frying the turkey is much faster but it is not the smoked style turkey breast.
Should you brine the turkey breast first?
If you prefer to brine your turkey, you absolutely can do that with this easy turkey brine recipe.
I simply seasoned ours and smoked it, but the turkey brine will really make it very juicy and full of great flavor. It will need to be soaked in the brine overnight or all day before cooking, so keep that in mind when planning to brine a turkey.
More Pellet Grill Recipes:
Now it’s time to enjoy this Pellet Grill Turkey Breast!
- 3-4 Lbs Boneless Turkey Breast
- 1/2 Tbsp Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter *See Note*
- While you are seasoning the turkey breast, turn the grill up and preheat it up to 325*F.
- Remove the netting from the turkey breast, this worked best with netting removed before cooking.
- Coat the turkey breast with melted butter, garlic, and rosemary. If preferred you can do a turkey brine instead, see the note for the link.
- Once done, place the turkey on the pellet grill and cook for 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165*F. The temperature can be checked with the probe that comes with your pellet grill or a meat thermometer.
- Note - Although it isn't absolutely necessary, we did find it was best to rotate the turkey breast around the 1 1/2 hour mark to evenly cook on all sides.
- Once done, carefully remove and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
This can be seasoned with any seasonings that you prefer.
If you like to do a brine, check out this easy Turkey Brine.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1472Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 766mgSodium: 1020mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 274g