Learn how to make an easy Pellet Grill Rotisserie using your Pellet Grill and the Green Mountain Rotisserie Kit.
Just to be clear, this post is not sponsored by Green Mountain, it’s simply the grill we chose to buy. We spent several months researching pellet grills and decided this one was the best for our needs.
Once we purchased the Pellet Grill, we quickly discovered that you can actually pick up several different attachments for it. The one I was most excited to try was this Rotisserie Kit, which allows you to make Rotisserie Chicken…just as good as the ones you pick up at the store.
If you do not have a Rotisserie Kit, check out this recipe for Pellet Grilled Chicken Thighs.
Tips for Making Pellet Grill Rotisserie Chicken:
I decided to adapt my Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken recipe to make this Rotisserie Chicken, using the same ingredients but with a different cooking method.
The most difficult part of cooking a rotisserie is tying the chicken, this is the first thing you should do after removing the giblet.
Use this video to learn how to truss a chicken, do this first then you will move on to the recipe.
Once the chicken has been trussed, we patted the chicken dry and added some chunks of onion and lemon inside the chicken cavity.
Once this is done, go ahead and use the rotisserie kit to put the chicken onto the rotisserie, use the manual with the rotisserie attachment to do this.
Once the chicken is secured to the rod, go ahead and coat the chicken with olive oil or grapeseed oil and season it per the recipe instructions.
After the chicken is seasoned, it’s time to add the rotisserie attachment to the grill. The grill will need to be heated to 350*F and then the chicken will cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
The internal temperature should be at least 165*F before serving.
Now, are you ready for a treat? This Pellet Grill Rotisserie Chicken is easy to prep and cook, makes for a wonderful meal.
Pellet Grill Rotisserie Chicken
- 4-5 lb Whole Chicken Fryer
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper Optional
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Lemon Quartered
- 1 Medium White Onion Quartered
- Begin by removing any giblet from the chicken and heating the grill to 350*F.
- While the grill is heating, truss the chicken and pat the chicken dry.
- Add the quartered lemon and onion to the cavity of the chicken.
- Once this is done, secure the rotisserie attachment to the chicken, this means securing the parts that will hold the chicken in place and the rod.
- After this is secure, place the chicken in a shallow pan or on a baking sheet.
- Coat with olive oil or grapeseed oil.
- Combine the salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and garlic powder into a small dish.
- Coat the chicken evenly with the seasonings on all sides.
- Secure the rotisserie attachment with the chicken into your pellet grill.
- Cook at 350*F for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, reaching an internal temperature of 165*F.
- Carefully remove and serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Donna @ Modern on Monticello says
This just looks so delicious. I am sure this is a family favorite too. Thanks for sharing it. #HomeMattersParty