Make this fabulous Tangy Smoked Meatloaf in just about 3 hours on the Pellet Grill!
First, did you know that you can smoke a meatloaf? We’ve recently discovered just how delicious and easy this really is! Of course, you can always make your meatloaf in the Ninja Foodi, but if you have a pellet grill or smoker this is a great option too.
Remember that you can use really any of your favorite meatloaf recipes and follow this same method to smoke meatloaf; however, if you use this particular recipe all of the great flavors are going to come from the sauce.
This particular sauce is a tangy sauce and it’s absolutely DELICIOUS!
How long do you smoke meatloaf?
This recipe uses a 2-pound meatloaf, it will be smoked for 3 hours at 225*F. Depending on the amount of heat and thickness of your meatloaf it may vary some.
The internal temperature should be tested with a meat thermometer or probe and reach at least 165*F to be considered done.
Tips for Making Smoked Meatloaf:
This recipe can be done with any flavor of pellets for your pellet grill; however, we prefer to use mixed pellets with several different flavors.
It’s best to place the meatloaf on a sheet of foil and roll up the sides, this will catch the grease from going all in the bottom of the pellet grill. Once it’s fully cooked, we remove it from the foil to place on a cutting board to slice and serve.
After about 2 hours of smoking this meatloaf, that is when you will slather on the sauce and let it continue the final hour of cooking time with the sauce on it. This sauce is what will really give it a great flavor. It’s a tangy and savory sauce.
This smoked meatloaf is very simple to prepare and place on the smoker. We normally will serve it with a pot of Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes.
If you prefer to do it all in one on the smoker, add some Smoked Baked Potatoes to the smoker right along with the meatloaf. These can cook side by side.
It’s time to enjoy a wonderful dinner made on your pellet grill!
Easy Smoked Meatloaf
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef or Beef Chuck
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats or Gluten-Free Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Begin by preparing pellet grill and heating to 225*F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the meatloaf.
- Once the ingredients are combined, shape and form the meatloaf onto the sheet of foil.
- Roll up the sides to secure the meatloaf.
- Once the pellet grill reaches 225*F, carefully place the meatloaf on the grill for 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165*F.
- Prepare the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Combine the ketchup, sugar, chopped onion, liquid smoke, and garlic powder.
- Once it reaches a low bowl, whisk well until the sugar is dissolved.
- In the final hour of cooking, carefully open the grill and use a brush to brush the sauce evenly onto the meatloaf.
- Let cook an additional hour until the internal temperature has been reached.
- Carefully remove and place on a cutting board or serving tray and serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!