As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Once you learn how to make mashed potatoes in the Ninja Foodi, life will never be the same. This is the EASIEST way to make a delicious side dish right in your Ninja Foodi!
One of our favorite side dishes lately is Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes. They are so quick and easy to make and you never have to worry about boiling potatoes on the stove again.
These will be made using the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker.
We always make these with our One-Pot Ninja Foodi Meatloaf and Potatoes, but you can also make them as a side dish for any meal or pot luck.
How to make Mashed Potatoes in the Ninja Foodi:
In order to make these Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes, we are going to use the pressure cooker function of the Ninja Foodi, in addition to the Roast/Bake Function as well.
By using the roast/bake function, it tastes a lot like a mashed potato casserole, it has a nice baked texture. It’s the best comfort food.
How long does it take to make Mashed Potatoes in the Ninja Foodi?
It takes just 10 minutes to make the mashed potatoes using the pressure cooker function. After that is done, it will then take a few minutes to mash and mix them with the remaining ingredients.
This will all be done right in the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
Subscribe now to my YouTube Channel!
As soon as they are mashed up, they will simply be baked for 3 minutes at 350 degrees, they can be baked up to 5 minutes, but 3 minutes gave them just the right texture that we preferred.
What type of potatoes should you use?
This recipe works well for Yukon Gold Potatoes or Russet Potatoes.
It’s best to wash and peel them first, then you will use a potato masher to mash them right in the pot of the Foodi. This recipe will use 3 pounds of potatoes.
There is no need to use a mixer or any other bowl for these.
In order to mash the potatoes, you will want to use a Silicone Potato Masher to avoid any scratching of the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
This set of Silicone Utensils is great to have on hand for the Ninja Foodi!
Should you use cream or milk?
These potatoes taste the BEST when you use 1/2 and 1/2 or heavy cream; however, you can use skim milk or regular milk as well. I do suggest the sour cream too, it adds to the flavor.
Now, are you ready to make the best mashed potatoes? It’s time to eat up and enjoy these Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes!
If you enjoy this recipe, you’ll love these Ninja Foodi Recipes.
- 3 Pounds Yukon Gold or Russet Potatoes, Peeled and Quartered
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Cream (1/2 and 1/2 or Milk)
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt or to Taste
- Take the peeled and quartered potatoes and place them in the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Add 1 Cup of Water.
- Attach the pressure cooker lid to the Ninja Foodi and secure it in place, make sure the nozzle is 'sealed'.
- Cook on high pressure using the pressure cooker function for 10 minutes.
- Naturally, release the steam (do nothing) for 5 minutes after cook time.
- Quick-release the steam after the 5 minutes, and then remove the lid.
- Using a silicone potato masher, mash the potatoes carefully in the pot.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir it up to mix the potatoes.
- Close the lid that is attached to the Ninja Foodi and bake at 350 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Open the lid and serve.
Remember this will take additional time for the steam/pressure to build in the Ninja Foodi before the actual cook time starts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g