Get ready to make a great meal with this Ninja Foodi Chicken Salad, using this Rosemary Chicken Salad recipe!
Making this Ninja Foodi Chicken Salad is SO EASY in your Ninja Foodi using the pressure cooker function.
This recipe is simple using the Ninja Foodi Chicken Breasts or Thighs recipe, all you need to do is make the chicken and then mix it up with the remaining ingredients to make a great chicken salad.
A few variations can be done to this recipe as well to make it exactly what you prefer!
Variations of Ninja Foodi Chicken Salad:
The base of this recipe is going to be the shredded chicken and the mixture of greek yogurt and mayo; however, you can also add in a few extras to make it your own.
- Sliced Grapes
These are great additions to this salad to make it your own. Many times we like to add sliced grapes or pecans to it as well. It gives it another dimension of texture too.
I typically stick to using greek yogurt to make this so that we do not have to use quite as much mayo either. Then, I always add in a good amount of dill weed to give it some extra zest!
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Chicken Salad:
Remember the base of this recipe is made using the Ninja Foodi Chicken.
This chicken can then be shredded in a stand mixer or by hand.
If you prefer a diced chicken salad, it can also be tossed in the food processor as well. This will give you almost a minced version of chicken salad, which is actually really good.
This is also best served cold and then on a croissant, bread of choice, or crackers.
What if you don’t have a Ninja Foodi?
This Rosemary Chicken Salad can absolutely be made without a Ninja Foodi, simply cook the chicken first either baked or grilled.
Then, proceed with the remaining recipe. The only part of this recipe made in the Ninja Foodi is cooking the chicken. That means it’s easy to adapt to any other method.
Rosemary Chicken Salad (Ninja Foodi)
- 3 Cups Cooked and Shredded Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1/2 Cup Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Light Mayo
- 1 Tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 Tsp Dill Weed
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced (Squeezed)
- Almonds or Pecans, Optional
- Sliced Grapes, Optional
- Bread or Crossiants (Gluten-Free or Regular)
- Begin by cooking the chicken and shredding it if not already. If you are making this in the Ninja Foodi, add the boneless chicken breast or thighs to the wire rack inside the pot of the Ninja Foodi along with 1 cup of water. Cook in high pressure for 10 minutes, quickly release the pressure, and shred the chicken. Let the chicken rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Combine the cooked chicken, green onions, yogurt, mayo, rosemary, dill weed, mustard, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon into the mixture as well. Mix up well and coat the chicken.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or more until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers, bread or on a croissant.