Get ready for a treat with these Smoked Turkey Legs!
It’s time to enjoy great fair food right at home with these Smoked Turkey Legs! These are easy to make on a smoker or pellet grill, it can be done with either one.
I mean really, why wait for the fair to enjoy a smoked turkey leg? They are so delicious and so simple to make at home! It had been a while though since we had them and once they were done, one bite and I was hooked.
Our kids were too. My son was just in love with them, he seriously devoured it.
I would have thought he was half animal watching him eat that. What is it with kids and eating food? Everything is better messy I guess, isn’t it?
I decided to season these with a black pepper and garlic rub, then glaze them with a bit of barbecue sauce.
They turned out fabulous, juicy on the inside and a nice crispy skin on the outside. That would be just the way that I like them! Plus, they are super easy to eat outside and wrap with foil, just like they serve them at the fair.
We had a long day of swimming and then enjoyed these smoke turkey legs for dinner. I paired them with the okra and corn on the cob to complete the meal.
We had some okra from our garden, which happens to be one of the only things really doing well this year in the garden.
We do have tomatoes too, but that okra is my favorite. Sadly, we lost all our squash to squash bugs this year, where do those things come from? They have just destroyed it, so we decided we may not plant any more squash in the years ahead.
Are you ready now for some Smoked Turkey Legs? It’s time!
What do you need for Smoked Turkey Legs?
- Turkey Legs
- BBQ Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Chili Powder
Now it’s time to enjoy a Smoked Turkey Leg…or two!
Pair them with this Grilled Okra!
Smoked Turkey Legs
- 1 Package of Turkey Legs Ours were 2.5 Lbs, 3 Legs
- BBQ Sauce
- Brown Sugar Rub:
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- Any Additional Spices you prefer
- Place the turkey legs aside with the bbq sauce.
- Combine the brown sugar, garlic powder, salt, paprika, pepper and chili powder into a small bowl.
- Mix it together to create the rub.
- Pat it all over the defrosted turkey legs.
- Next slather a good amount of BBQ sauce over the turkey legs.
- At this point, smoke the turkey legs about 240* for 2-2 1/2 hours. We smoked ours until the internal temperature reached 165*. This can take up to 3 hours.
- Half way through the smoking time, brush on more sauce.
- Wrap up with foil and serve!
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!