These Grilled Chicken Wings combine the great flavors of barbecue with a crispy wing!
Grilled Chicken Wings have become a favorite around our home this summer. I’m sure most of us are at home more this summer, that’s certainly been the case for us.
Even though we are at home, we really are enjoying getting outside especially in the evenings when it’s cooler out. Is that a thing in Oklahoma? When I say cooler I mean a breezy 95 degrees instead of 101!
One thing that I feel like I’ve fallen in love with a bit more this year is Grilled Chicken Wings.
What temperature should Grilled Chicken Wings be?
The best way to check the temperature of the wings is with a quick read thermometer. These thermometers will change your food forever, getting the right temperature is a must!
Chicken Wings are technically cooked at an internal temperature of 165 degrees. We tend to cook ours though closer to 180 degrees. I feel like they are more done inside and the outside is much crisper when you have them closer to 180 degrees.
This takes about 20 minutes on the grill to reach at medium-high heat.
Tips for making Grilled Chicken Wings:
For easier cleanup, you can use a sheet of foil on the grill. We typically will coat it with some olive oil and then place the chicken wings on top, we like to add a little salt and pepper to ours.
Once they have cooked for about 10-15 minutes, we use a brush and coat them generously with barbecue sauce.
My personal favorite sauce is the Head Country Apple Habanero, it’s AMAZING!
A good idea is to go ahead and flip the wings after 10 minutes, then coat with the sauce and cook for the additional 10-15 minutes until the correct internal temperature is reached.
These Grilled Chicken Wings are great to serve on a big sheet pan and let everyone help themselves! That’s how we do it in the summer months paired with some great garden-fresh vegetables.
Easy Grilled Chicken Wings
- 2-3 Pounds Chicken Wings & Drummettes
- 1 Cup Barbecue Sauce
- Season the thawed wings with salt/pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat, about 450 degrees.
- Place a sheet of foil on the grill, or the wings directly on the grill and cook for 10 minutes.
- Open the grill lid, carefully turn the wings, coat generously with sauce and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees minimum, they are best cooked to 175-180 degrees.
- Once done, carefully remove and serve as is or with additional sauce.