Make a wonderful dessert on the pellet grill with this Grilled Blueberry Crisp!
Blueberry Crisp is by far one of my family’s favorite desserts, we have literally made it every way you could possible made it including this Ninja Foodi Blueberry Crisp too. Today, I’m going to focus on making it right in the grill with this Grilled Blueberry Crisp.
This can also be made as Campfire Blueberry Crisp too.
This blueberry crisp is done in the pellet grill, it can be done with any flavor of pellets that you prefer. Our go-to lately has been a varied mix of pellets.
It’s a wonderful dessert paired with some Grilled Chicken Wings.
Tips for Making Grilled Blueberry Crisp:
This needs to be made in a cast-iron skillet or pan that can endure high heat in the grill or oven.
It can be made with fresh or frozen blueberries, that is up to you. They will warm up and cook well either way.
The grill will need to be heated to 350*F, this would be the same if you were cooking it in your oven as well.
If you would like to make this gluten-free, use gluten-free all-purpose flour that is a 1:1 switch. It’s also best to be sure to use certified gluten-free oats as well.
These are the only swaps needed to make this a Gluten-Free Recipe. This is actually how we make it regularly.
Variations of Grilled Blueberry Crisp:
This can be made with a variety of fruit, so if you prefer something other than blueberry that can be done as well. We’ve done apple, peach, and blackberry.
They have all turned out fabulously. Blackberries though can be seedy so keep that in mind if you do those.
This recipe is a great one to make if you are already using the grill for other meats such as hamburgers or chicken wings. It can also be added to the pellet grill after smoking meats as well, just be sure to up the temperature before cooking.
Enjoy this Grilled Blueberry Crisp!
Grilled Blueberry Crisp
- 2 Cups Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- Vanilla Ice Cream Optional
- Preheat the pellet grill and add pellets per the grill instructions to 350*F.
- Using a 12inch cast-iron skillet, add the blueberries into the skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Evenly pour over the blueberries.
- Pour water over the blueberries and the sugar mixture.
- In another small bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix in the softened butter until it becomes a crumb mixture.
- Evenly add this over the blueberries and sugar mixture.
- Place the skillet onto the warm grill and cook at 350*F for 45-60 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Carefully remove and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.