As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make this wonderful Smoked Pork Tenderloin right on your pellet grill!
I have fallen in love with Smoked Pork Tenderloin or basically pork tenderloin in general. Another great way to make it is with this Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi version too!
This comes out perfectly tender and easy to slice and serve. If you want to make this meal all in one, just add some Smoked Baked Potatoes to the smoker as well.
How long do you smoke pork Tenderloin per pound?
This pork tenderloin was smoked on a pellet grill, it can also be done though with a traditional smoker too.
It typically takes about 30-45 minutes per pound. I’ve found that the standard pork tenderloin that you find at your local grocery store generally takes about 3 hours to fully cook.
The pork is considered done when it reaches an internal temperature of at least 145*F; however, we usually will bring this up to about 155*F to get it nice and tender.
Tips for Making Smoked Pork Tenderloin:
As with just about any oven or smoker, they all tend to heat differently so having a meat thermometer on hand or a probe attached to your pellet grill is key to getting this perfectly tender.
This does not need to be wrapped in foil, but you can marinate it if you prefer. We typically just season it with seasoning, then add a coat of barbecue sauce to the pork tenderloin.
The pork tenderloin will be placed right on the grates of the smoker or pellet grill.
We will add sauce throughout the smoking time to keep it moist.
Once you have that one, simply check on it throughout the cooking time and get the internal temperature up to at least 145*F to be considered done.
Let the pork tenderloin rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
We use Head Country Apple Habanero to glaze this with and it gives it tons of great flavor.
- 3 Lb Pork Tenderloin
- Head Country Barbecue Seasoning Original
- Head Country Apple Habanero Barbecue Sauce or sauce of choice
- Warm up the smoker or pellet grill per the instructions for your grill to 225*F.
- Season the pork loin with the seasoning of choice, we used Head Country Original Barbecue Seasoning.
- Place on the smoker for 3 hours at 225*F. Add a coat of sauce if preferred at every hour that it's on the smoker.
- The internal temperature needs to reach at least 145*F; however, 155*F is also a good temperature and nice and tender.
- Carefully remove pork loin and coat with barbecue sauce before serving.
As all smokers put off different amounts of heat, a meat thermometer is a must to keep an eye on the internal temperature of the pork tenderloin.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 581mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 45g