Make these tasty Pellet Grill Smoked Chicken Wings, perfect for parties!
It’s about that time for lots of grilling, right? I’m so ready!
These wings are easy to make and they are great to feed a crowd.
Pair these wings with this potato salad recipe for the ultimate cookout!
How long does it take to smoke chicken wings on the pellet grill?
Pellet Grill Smoked Chicken Wings are ready to eat in about 2 hours after smoking; however, they will sit in the fridge and marinate for a few hours too.
That means in total it will take just over 4 hours to fully prepare these smoked chicken wings.
What temperature are smoked chicken wings considered done?
Smoked Chicken Wings are considered done when they reach an internal temperature of at least 160*F; however, we like to get these closer to 170*F.
These will depend on your personal preference.
It’s best to use either the probe with the pellet grill or a meat thermometer to be sure your wings are fully cooked.
What pellets should you use?
Hickory is a great option for wings as well as a blend.
We typically choose the blend when making these wings, it gives them a variety of nice smokey flavors.
What sauces should you serve chicken wings with?
We like to choose one of these sauces or serve with all three sauces.
Tips for Making Pellet Grill Smoked Chicken Wings:
Don’t skip the 2 hours of letting the wings marinate and soak in the seasonings, this really gives them a great flavor.
Always use a meat thermometer or probe to be sure they are fully cooked.
These are smoked entirely at 225*F, so it will take about 2 hours to fully smoke them. Many different smokers put off a different amount of heat, which is why it’s good to always have that meat thermometer on hand.
Enjoy these great wings!
If you loved these wings, be sure to check out this Smoked Al Pastor Tacos Recipe!
Pellet Grill Smoked Chicken Wings
- 4 Pounds Chicken Wing Sections
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Separate the chicken wings into drum and wing sections if not already separated.
- Combine all dry ingredients for the rub in a small bowl.
- Add chicken wings to a large ziploc bag and then drizzle the sections with olive oil and coat both sides well.
- Sprinkle the seasoning and rub it on the chicken wings, pressing it into the chicken wings and coating evenly on both sides.
- Zip the bag and place it into a pan, then chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat the smoker to 225*F.
- Place the chicken wings directly on the smoker and smoke for 2 hours at 225*F. They are done when they reach an internal temperature of at least 160*F.
- Serve with sauce of your choice.