Learn how to make a Pellet Grill Pizza, this recipe uses the Green Mountain Pellet Grill and Pizza Attachment!
Have you tried out a pellet grill? If not, it’s definitely interesting to learn more about and to use! Our grill went out this past summer, so we did some research and decided to purchase a Green Mountain Pellet Grill.
What is a Pellet Grill?
A pellet grill is basically a mixture of an electric grill and a wood-fired grill, it makes for an easy way to get a great wood-fired taste and texture.
It can grill, smoke, and even bake foods too.
Find out more on a Pellet Grill in this article.
What pizza oven do you use for Pellet Grill Pizza?
We absolutely LOVE this grill and so far we’ve enjoyed everything we have cooked on it. I am going to focus on this Pellet Grill Pizza using this Green Mountain Wood Fired Pizza Oven.
If you want to get a great wood-fired pizza taste, this pizza oven is a perfect choice.
Check out this video on how to use the Green Mountain Pizza Oven.
Tips for Pellet Grill Pizza:
The first step will be setting up the pizza oven. The next thing you will want to do is start to warm up the grill. We have tested making a pizza with this pizza oven many times to get the right cook times.
The ones I’m listing in this recipe worked out perfectly for us but be sure to watch it closely because the crust cooks quickly.
Warm up the grill to about 225*F, this is actually going to get the stone close to 600*F. This can be checked with an Infrared Thermometer, which I highly suggest for a pellet grill.
While the grill is heating up, go ahead and prepare the pizza. This will be done with pizza dough shaped to make the pizza crust along with all of your toppings.
It’s best to prepare the pizza initially on a sheet of parchment paper or a pan, then place the entire pizza on a pizza peel. If using parchment is a concern, simply place the pizza directly onto the pizza peel, then into the stone leaving the parchment behind.
Once it’s prepared and ready to cook, plus on the pizza peel, it’s time to get ready to put it in the pizza oven.
Be sure the correct temperatures have been reached and the pizza stone is nearing 600*F. Once it’s at the correct time, carefully add the pizza to the stone and shut the lid.
Let this cook for about 5-10 minutes, watch it closely because depending on the thickness of your crust it’s going to vary in minutes.
After 5-10 minutes, carefully remove the pizza with the pizza peel and let it cool for about 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
Variations of Pellet Grill Pizza:
This particular method is for a basic pellet grill pizza, the toppings can be added per your preference. We like to get creative and make a few different types of pizzas.
If you are looking to make a gluten-free pellet grill pizza, I highly suggest this Wholly Wholesome Gluten-Free Pizza Dough. I just recently discovered this product at our local Sprout’s and I LOVE it! It works perfectly for this pellet grill pizza too.
For another delicious pizza, you can make right on the grill, check out this Grilled Vegetable Pizza by The Veg Connection!
Enjoy this tasty method of making a good pizza!
Pellet Grill Pizza
- 1 Prepared Pizza Dough
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Toppings - Pepperoni Black Olives, Cooked Ground Sausage, Peppers, Etc.
- Prepare the pellet grill by heating it up to 225*F.
- This recipe uses a pizza stone, we used the pizza stone attachment from Green Mountain.
- The stone needs to be around 600*F, measure this with an infrared thermometer.
- While the grill is heating, prepare the pizza dough on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Add the sauce, toppings, and cheese of choice.
- Place the prepared pizza on the pizza peel.
- Once the stone has reached 600*F, carefully put the pizza into the grill on the stone. (See note - regarding parchment paper, you can skip the parchment and place it directly on the pizza peel without parchment paper if it is a concern.)
- Close the grill and cook for 5-10 minutes, watch closely so it does not burn.
- Carefully remove with the pizza peel and serve.