Make a great crowd pleaser on the smoker or pellet grill with this Smoked Queso Recipe!
Get ready for game day and all the parties with this great Smoked Queso, it can be made on your smoker or Pellet Grill. This is a great recipe to add to your Pellet Grill Recipes.
Make your own Air Fryer Tortilla Chips too if you want to add those to serve the Queso with.
Tips for Making Smoked Queso:
Smoked Queso is very easy to make and great for serving at a party. It only takes about 40 minutes to make on the smoker or the pellet grill and is smoked at 230*F.
It’s best to use Velveeta Cheese in this as that is what will melt the best.
The other great thing to add is cooked ground sausage. This can be done with Chorizo or Breakfast Sausage too, even doing a mix is a great option as well.
The sausage would need to be fully cooked before adding it to the pan of ingredients. This dip is best made in an Aluminum pan, which is optimal for serving it right out of as well.
How do you warm up Smoked Queso?
Smoked Queso can stay warm on the smoker or the grill for several hours.
It will need to be stirred occasionally. If needed, you can add additional heavy cream to get it to the consistency that you prefer. If you add additional cream, only add about a tablespoon or so at a time.
What pellets should you use for Pellet Grilled Queso?
We used hickory pellets for this recipe; however, you can use any pellets that you prefer.
The variety of pellets is a great option too as it puts off several different flavors.
If you are using wood chips for a traditional smoker, you can also use hickory or pecan but you can also use your preferred flavor as well.
Are you ready for a great game day treat?
- 2 Lbs Ground Sausage or Breakfast Blend (or Combo)
- 1 Diced Onion
- 2 Lbs Velveeta Cheese, Cubed
- 8 oz Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies (15oz Cans x 2)
- 1 Cup Pickled Jalapeno Slices
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat the smoker to 230*F.
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat on the stove, brown the sausage and diced onion. Drain any grease if necessary.
- Add the cubed Velveeta cheese to an aluminum foil pan.
- Add the browned sausage and onion on top of the cheese along with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir carefully to combine ingredients.
- Place the pan on the smoker and cook for 30-40 minutes stirring every 10 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted and flavors are combined.
- Serve immediately with your favorite chips and vegetables for dipping.