This gluten-free blueberry crisp is absolutely delightful. It bakes up easy, and can be eaten warm or cold – just don’t forget the ice cream!
Blueberries are in season, and that means we are eating a lot of different types of recipes with fresh berries. We are lucky enough to live within a few miles of a blueberry farm.
During the summer months, they allow you to come and pick buckets of berries straight off the vine.
It’s actually a lot of fun for the whole family as long as it isn’t 100°F.
I make apple crisp in the fall and then blueberry crisp in the summer using this same recipe. You can even use blackberries – we do all the time since we grow them in our garden. It’s such a versatile recipe overall. Best of all, friends and family will never know that it is gluten-free. It just tastes that good.
How to Make Gluten Free Blueberry Crisp:
It’s best to use a gluten-free all-purpose flour that is a 1:1 switch, I use Better Batter; however, you can use any that you prefer as long as it’s 1:1.
About 2 pounds of blueberries are needed for this recipe, but a little less will work too. The key is to fill up the bottom of the pan as best as possible with blueberries.
Ninja Foodi Blueberry Crisp
If you have a Ninja Foodi, this version works perfectly with the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker!
Next up, you will want to do this in a cast-iron skillet or an oven-safe pan or skillet. I use my Ninja Neverstick Pan, it is oven safe and works perfectly.
Can you freeze the blueberry crisp?
The blueberry crisp can be stored in the freezer for about a month in a freezer-safe storage dish. Then, it needs to be reheated before serving.
I do suggest though serving it fresh out of the oven, that is when it will taste the best.
Can you use frozen blueberries?
Frozen blueberries can be used for this recipe, but I would let them defrost for a few minutes first. The best taste and texture will come from fresh blueberries.
How should you store the blueberry crisp?
It can be stored at room temperature, covered with foil, for about 3 days. It can also be stored in the fridge and reheated in the microwave before serving.
Be sure to check out the Ninja Foodi Blueberry Crisp too!
If you enjoyed this be sure to try this Healthy Strawberry Crisp!
Gluten Free Blueberry Crisp Recipe
- 32 Oz Fresh Blueberries (A little less will do.)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Additional Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- In a cast iron skillet or oven safe pan, place the blueberries evenly on the bottom.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Place this evenly over the blueberries.
- Pour the water right on top.
- Sprinkle additional cinnamon on top.
- In another bowl or in that same bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix in the melted butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Crumbly the mixture evenly over the blueberries.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until browned on top.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.