As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
This Strawberry Angel Fluff is our go-to dessert year round!
One of the most popular recipes on my blog is for Angel Fluff, which was actually a recipe my mom used to make frequently when we were kids.
Recently, I have been craving some Angel Fluff only this time; I’m gluten free so I cannot eat the typical angel food cake that is store bought.
I finally found a recipe that I love for homemade gluten-free angel food cake. As soon as I tasted the cake, it flooded me with lots of memories and ideas of future recipes with this angel food cake as the base.
Since Valentine’s Day is coming up, I decided to mix up my angel fluff a bit and use Strawberry Pie Filling instead of Cherry although both are red and either would work, I just love strawberries!
What is the best gluten free all purpose flour?
If you are using Gluten-Free Flour, I HIGHLY suggest, Better Batter! It works interchangeably with the regular stuff.
I also adapted it a bit to make it a double layer of delicious goodness instead of just one this time.
I quickly had family over at my house going home with plates of Strawberry Angel Fluff, and my husband was calling warning me that he better have some fluff left when he gets home or serious fluff is going to happen!
Sure thing, honey!
This recipe is so easy and perfect to impress for Valentine’s Day or any day!
Remember you can do any variation of this that you prefer with the filling of your choice too. I’ve made this with cherry, strawberry, peach, and blueberry.
They are all equally delicious and perfect for any occasion.
- Angel Food Cake - Make 2 of these.
- 1 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 ¾ Cups White Sugar
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 ½ Cups Egg Whites, About a dozen eggs
- 1 Tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 8 oz Packages of Low Fat Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 Containers of Fat Free Cool Whip
- 2 21 oz Cans of Strawberry Pie Filling
- Pecans, Optional
- Note that you need to make 2 of the Angel Food Cakes.
- Begin by sifting the flour, sugar, and salt in a large stand mixer.
- Add in the egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Pour the batter into a greased Bundt pan.
- Place the cake in a cold oven, then set it to 325* and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown. Repeat these steps for the second angel food cake.
- Let cool and set aside.
- Place the powdered sugar and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Mix it well until it is a smooth consistency, and then add in the cool whip (add pecans if you use them).
- Continue mixing until well combined.
- Tear the cakes into small pieces and place in a large mixing bowl then coat it with the cream cheese mixture, be sure that all of the cake is well coated.
- In a large trifle dish, place half the mixture on the bottom, then top it with a can of the strawberry pie filling.
- Place the remaining mixture on top of the filling and then complete it with the additional can of strawberry pie filling.
- Chill for 2 hours, then serve or serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 +
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 616 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 222mg Sodium: 441mg Carbohydrates: 96g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 66g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 17g