Use simple ingredients to make a Gluten Free Angel Food Cake from scratch!
Making Gluten-Free Angel Food Cake is so easy and simple using only pantry ingredients plus a whole lot of eggs!
How do you make Gluten Free Angel Food Cake?
It’s easy to buy a mix at the store for angel food cake, but most likely you already have all the ingredients that you need right at home.
The most important thing is to be sure whichever flour you use evenly swaps with regular all-purpose flour.
Next, you will use sugar, cream of tartar, and salt along with a dash of vanilla extract.
The main ingredient though is going to be all those eggs. This recipe will use a dozen egg whites or about 1 1/2 cups of egg whites.
If you don’t want to waste those yolks, you can easily scramble them up or make an omelet with them too.
This cake is best made in a bundt pan so that it thoroughly cooks and heats all throughout the pan evenly.
It’s very important to coat the pan with non-stick cooking spray before adding the batter.
Once the cake is fully cooked then you will want to let it cool for about 5 minutes before carefully using a spatula to release it from all sides of the pan. Then, flip it over and your cake should come right out of the bundt pan.
It’s important to note that this cake will go into a cold oven, so you will not pre-heat the oven. It will be done after 1 hour and browned on top, while the inside will be light and fluffy similar to a sponge cake.
Now you are ready to make this delicious Gluten Free Angel Food Cake!
Check out even more Gluten-Free Recipes!
Gluten Free Angel Food Cake
- 1 ¼ Cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 ¾ Cups Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 ½ Cups Egg Whites 1 Dozen Eggs
- 1 Tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Begin by sifting the flour, sugar, and salt in a large stand mixer.
- Add in the egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Pour the batter into a greased Bundt pan.
- Place the cake in a cold oven, then set it to 325* and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes, and use a spatula to carefully release from the pan.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.