These Baked Black Bean & Rice Tacos are the perfect option for a weeknight dinner!
Are you looking for some easy weeknight dinner options? If so, these Baked Black Bean & Rice Tacos are the perfect option. This is one of my many go-to items for a quick weeknight meal.
Tuesday nights tend to be taco night at our house, not just because it’s Taco Tuesday, but also because we just don’t have time to make a big meal. Tuesdays are a busy day for us and usually getting dinner on the table is quite a chore. That’s what I love about these tacos. They are super simple to put together within just about 10 minutes. That means even if you are just getting off work, you can still get dinner done in minutes.
I’m sure it also saves time avoiding the drive thru too, right?
The best part for me is that no one complains about tacos, they all enjoy them. That’s quite a feat too with a house full of picky eaters.
We like to serve this with bean dip or guacamole for dipping, which are a few of our favorites. This meal is perfect for back to school week too because it’s easy to do! Are you ready for back to school?
What goes into Baked Black Bean & Rice Tacos?
- Taco Shells
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Black Beans
- Cooked Rice
- Shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- Tomato, Avocado, or Toppings
Baked Black Beans & Rice Tacos
- 12 Hard Taco Shells
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning or Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Black Beans
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- 1 Cup Shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- Tomato Avocado, or Toppings
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Spray a 9x13 baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cook the ground beef and add in taco seasoning as instructed on package.
- While this is cooking get the beans and rice ready.
- Add in the cilantro and juice from 1/2 lime to the rice, mix well.
- Fill each taco shell with ground beef, beans, and rice.
- Top each taco with shredded cheese.
- Baked for 15 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve with additional toppings.