Make these Easy Baked Tacos for a quick and easy weeknight meal!
Are you looking for some easy weeknight dinner options? If so, these Baked Tacos are full of protein and perfect for dinner. This is one of my many go-to items for a quick weeknight meal.
If there is one thing EVERYONE in our family loves it’s tacos!
I can easily make tacos and the whole family enjoys them. Recently, we’ve enjoyed these Air Fryer Tacos the best; however, I still have nights where Baked Tacos are a go-to meal for us.
Tips for Making Baked Tacos:
These tacos are going to be prepared using a skillet for the ground beef and then with cooked rice, once they are prepared you will then move them over to a 9×13 pan to bake in the oven.
The result will be toasty-filled tacos that have a great crispy shell.
If you struggle with keeping the taco shells from tipping over, stack them right next to each other or lean them toward the sides of the pan.
Once the tacos are nice and toasted, let everyone dig in and add your favorite toppings.
The best part for me is that no one complains about tacos, they all enjoy them. That’s quite a feat too with a house full of picky eaters.
We like to serve this with bean dip or guacamole for dipping, which is a few of our favorites. This meal is perfect for a busy week too because it’s easy to do!
Can you make these vegetarian?
These tacos can be made similar to Black Bean and Rice Tacos, simply skip the ground beef and mix the taco seasoning right into warm black beans.
This will make the beans the protein of your tacos and a great meatless meal.
Air Fryer Tacos
If you have an Air Fryer, make some great tacos in minutes in your Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi!
What goes into Baked Tacos?
- Taco Shells
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Black Beans
- Cooked Rice
- Shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- Tomato, Avocado, or Toppings
Now, are you ready for a bite of this for dinner? It’s time to enjoy Baked Tacos for dinner tonight!
- 12 Hard Taco Shells
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning or Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Black Beans Drained & Rinsed
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- 1 Cup Shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- Toppings Avocado, Tomato, Olives, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Spray a 9×13 baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cook the ground beef and add in taco seasoning as instructed on package.
- While this is cooking get the beans and rice ready.
- Add in the cilantro and juice from 1/2 lime to the rice, mix well.
- Fill each taco shell with ground beef, beans, and rice.
- Top each taco with shredded cheese.
- Baked for 15 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve with additional toppings.