Make the BEST Gluten-Free Blueberry Pancakes, these are light and fluffy, perfect for breakfast!
One of our go-to breakfast recipes is these delicious Gluten-Free Blueberry Pancakes, we’ve been enjoying these for years and it was time to feature these tasty pancakes again.
These pancakes are simple to make gluten-free with one swap of flour.
How do you make these pancakes gluten-free?
The only swap needed for these pancakes is gluten-free all-purpose flour. I always use a 1:1 flour, such as Better Batter, but any 1:1 flour will do.
There are a variety of ones to choose from, so go with your favorite flour that is the 1:1 swap.
Other than this swap, all the remaining ingredients will be naturally gluten-free but as always be sure to check all ingredients first.
Can you use fresh or frozen blueberries?
This recipe can be made with either fresh or frozen blueberries. I always feel like fresh is the best, it gives it a nice sweet and tangy flavor; however, you can always use frozen as well.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Blueberry Pancakes:
I have found that if the batter sits maybe 5-10 minutes they do come out more fluffy.
Remember the texture will be a bit different with gluten-free versus regular pancakes but they both have a great taste!
We are normally able to make 8-12 pancakes with this recipe and normally stick to a sand dollar size shape and size.
The base of this pancake recipe can be used with a variety of add-ins such as chocolate chips or strawberries.
It’s very important to fold in the blueberries, if you mix these in with a whisk or stand mixer then they will turn the batter purple.
Can you freeze pancakes to save for later?
These pancakes can be stored in freezer-safe storage and heated up to serve later.
They need to be cooled completely, once they are completely cooled, you can place them in the storage container and then store them for later.
When ready to serve, carefully heat them in the microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute to warm up before serving.
Now it’s time to enjoy these delicious Gluten-Free Blueberry Pancakes!
Gluten-Free Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder or Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1-2 Cups Blueberries
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl mixing well use a whisk or spatula to combine. Add in the blueberries last, fold these in carefully.
- Let batter sit for about 30 minutes for fluffier pancakes.
- While the batter is sitting about 10 minutes before you are ready to cook begin to heat the griddle or skillet to medium heat and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Spoon out the batter into about sand dollar size and let it cook on one side until the batter begins to bubble, then flip over and cook until done.
- This typically just takes 2-3 minutes. It should release fairly easily from the griddle and you can be sure that the bottom is browned.
- Continue until all pancake batter is used.
- Serve with syrup and butter or your favorite toppings!