As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Enjoy a family pizza night with this Gluten-Free BBQ Chicken Pizza!
One of our favorite nights of the week is Friday night. Why? That’s because it’s typically pizza night in our family!
We like to have make your own pizza nights with the family. That means we all get to get creative and top our own pizzas. One that my husband and I love is a classic BBQ Chicken Pizza.
What do you need for Gluten-Free BBQ Chicken Pizza?
- Gluten-Free Pizza Dough
- BBQ Sauce
- Red Onions
- Cooked Pulled Chicken
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Dried Parsley
It’s simple to make and a delicious change from the traditional pizza varieties.
What Gluten-Free Pizza Dough Recipe should you use to make a Gluten-Free Pizza Crust?
For years now, I have relied on a particular crust recipe that I used before I went gluten-free. I’ve used it since but I simply use gluten-free flour instead. I decided recently to try a new one and now I’m in love with this Delivery Style Pizza Crust.
In full disclosure, I do receive products from Better Batter because I write menu plans each month for them; however, this is not sponsored at all and completely my own opinions.
This Delivery Style Pizza Crust is a Gluten-Free Pizza Dough that can easily make the perfect Gluten-Free Pizza Crust. This recipe uses Gluten-Free Better Batter All-Purpose Flour. It mixes the flour with cornmeal and is SO EASY.
Honestly, I can’t stress that enough. I have been making my own gluten-free pizza dough for years and it’s so sticky. I end up using a lot of extra flour to it so that I can actually work the dough.
This Delivery Style Pizza Crust isn’t sticky at all!! The key with this recipe is to wet your hands before using it, but I didn’t even have to use a rolling pin, it was so easy to work with and it cooked up so nicely.
My entire family LOVED it and now it’s my go-to for all future pizza nights. The fact it was so simple made it even better.
Can you make this BBQ Chicken Pizza a Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza?
YES! We happen to prefer the grilled pizza method over the traditional oven method; however, in the winter we tend to make it in the oven more than the grill.
If you want to make this recipe grilled just check out this post on, “How to Make Grilled Pizza.”
Now it’s time to make this delicious Gluten-Free BBQ Chicken Pizza!
- 1 Gluten Free Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 Cups BBQ Sauce
- 1 Red Onion, Sliced
- 1 Cup Cooked, Shredded or Pulled Chicken
- 1 Cup Freshly Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- Dried Parsley to Garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- After you have prepared the pizza dough of your choice, roll it out and form the crust.
- The crust can be shaped on a sheet of parchment and placed on a baking sheet or on a pizza stone.
- Bake the pizza dough 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Build the pizza spreading on the BBQ sauce on the crust. Top it with sliced onion and chicken. Add the sliced mozzarella on top.
- Place the pizza back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- If you prefer to get that brown, toasted effect on the cheese, place it on low broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with parsley, slice, and serve.
The instructions may vary a bit depending on the pizza dough that you are using. Be sure with the pizza dough you are using that there are no additional steps.