Enjoy this classic comfort food with the best gluten-free casseroles, perfect quick dinners!
Just because you are gluten-free, does not mean that you have to skip out on some delicious comfort foods such as breakfast casserole or chicken noodle casserole.
ALL of these are easy to make gluten-free and this big list of gluten-free casseroles will help you choose which recipe that you want to try next!
Top Gluten-Free Swaps:
When making casseroles, there will be a few swaps that may be needed so let’s cover those.
First, you will likely need to use gluten-free pasta if the recipe calls for it. The best gluten-free pasta choices are Barilla and Jovial, along with the Good & Gather Target brand.
Each of these brands carries a gluten-free line, be sure that you are choosing the gluten-free option. They can be found at your local grocery stores.
These do not leave a slimy coating on the pasta like some of the others do; however, I always suggest rinsing the pasta in cold water after cooking to clean off the cooked pasta.
The residue that I’m speaking of is usually seen more on brown rice pasta, it almost reminds me of sand at the beach, but you will want it rinsed off before serving.
Most casseroles use cream soups too such as Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken.
These are readily found now at your local grocery store in gluten-free options or you can make your own as well.
These are very simple to swap out with gluten-filled to make them gluten-free.
Tortillas that can be used would be corn tortillas or Gluten-Free Mission Flour Tortillas, we prefer white corn the best.
What casseroles can you make gluten-free?
Get ready to make a great weeknight dinner that the whole family enjoys with all of these gluten-free casseroles to choose from. The list will have more than 20; however, here are some that you will typically easily be able to make gluten-free.
This list will cover side dish recipes, main dish recipes, and breakfast recipes too!
- Meatball Casserole – This recipe will use gluten-free meatballs and gluten-free pasta!
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Casserole – This can be made with tater tots, hash browns, or without carbs!
- Tuna Noodle Casserole – One of our favorite classic casserole dishes, we make our egg noodles too!
- Gluten-Free Enchilada Casserole – Serve this with white corn tortillas and white rice!
- Chicken Noodle Casserole – Just like the Tuna Noodle Casserole, make your egg noodles and this is easy!
- Sweet Potato Casserole – Using sweet potatoes and cream along with spices to make a classic, with no swaps needed!
- Traditional Green Bean Casserole – This can be made with your own homemade French fried onions and cream of mushroom soup, easy to swap to gluten-free!
- …and the list continues! See the full list below with clickable links!
How do you store leftover casserole?
Each easy dinner recipe will have specific storage details; however, typically the leftovers will need to be stored in an airtight container or wrapped with plastic wrap and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
When you are ready to reheat, place the serving into a microwave-safe dish and reheat for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Casseroles also make great freezer meal options.
Remember to read each recipe carefully for recipe-specific instructions including freezer storage options as well.
Casseroles almost always make great leftovers for lunch or dinner. We typically will plan out the following day as a leftover night, since they will usually serve large amounts.
Are you ready to make a great casserole dish for dinner on a busy weeknight? Let’s get to this list of delicious gluten-free casserole recipes!