As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a simple and delicious one-dish dinner in 30 minutes with this Baked Chicken Bruschetta!
Get ready for a great meal with this EASY One-Dish Dinner, Baked Chicken Bruschetta.
This particular recipe is one that we made YEARS ago as in when my website first began back in 2010. It was way past time to redo this recipe and share it again. It has been a favorite in our household for many years now.
Tips for Making Baked Chicken Bruschetta:
This recipe can be made with either boneless, skinless chicken breast or boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I will tell you though chicken thighs are MUCH better.
The chicken thighs are juicier and do not dry out as quickly as chicken breast.
The chicken will need to be cubed first before cooking. I happen to love that because my kids can get a helping of baked chicken bruschetta without me having to cut up chicken.
I’ll tell you all, cutting meat before eating it for the kids is one of the things I dread. I don’t know why but I just don’t like it…it’s one of those things I guess. It’s necessary though, but this time I get it done ahead so that I can eat a warm meal right along with them.
This recipe is also made using Italian Seasoning, which you can use a packet found at your local grocery store or make your own with this Homemade Italian Seasoning.
How do you make this recipe gluten-free?
If you need this to be gluten-free, it’s a simple swap of stuffing mix. Just use a gluten-free box stuffing.
The BEST one I’ve ever had is the Aldi brand Gluten-Free Chicken Stuffing. It’s really amazing and you will not even be able to tell the difference.
They usually carry it in the early fall around October. I always buy a few extra to carry us through the winter months because they do sell out of it quickly. There are others as well, so if you do not find that one you can use an alternative gluten-free stuffing of your choice.
The other item needed is Italian Seasoning, this can easily be made with Homemade Italian Seasoning.
Are you ready to make a wonderful meal in 30 minutes? It’s time for this Baked Chicken Bruschetta!
- 1 15 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1/2 Tsp of Basil
- 1/2 Tsp of Parsley
- 1 Box of Chicken Flavored Dry Stuffing or Gluten-Free Chicken Flavored Dry Stuffing
- 3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1.6 oz Dry Italian Seasoning Packet or Gluten-Free Italian Seasoning Packet
- 2 Cups of Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- In a small bowl mix together the tomatoes, water, basil, parsley, and stuffing.
- Cut the chicken thighs into cubes and place them in the bottom of a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Once this is done, top the chicken with 1/2 of the Italian Seasoning either homemade or packaged.
- Then, top the entire dish with cheese.
- Next, top the entire dish with the stuffing mixture.
- Lastly, add the remaining Italian seasoning right on top of the entire dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 400*F.
Making this gluten-free: Use a gluten-free stuffing, such as the Aldi brand. They have a great chicken flavor gluten-free stuffing. Also, be sure to check the Italian Seasoning to be sure it's also gluten-free before using. Click here for the homemade version.
If you use homemade Italian seasoning, use about 4 Tbsp for this recipe.
Adapted From: AllRecipes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g