Make this simple meal in less than 30 minutes with Easy Tortellini Bake, can be made gluten-free too!
What tortellini should you use for Tortellini Bake?
This recipe uses Refrigerated Tortellini. If you need to make this gluten-free, use a gluten-free alternative. We usually purchase our gluten-free tortellini at Costco (when they have it) and Sprouts.
Just a quick tip too, we recently purchased this Vegan Tortellini, and I 100% do not recommend it. This particular brand has FANTASTIC gluten-free tortellini that is NOT vegan, but the Vegan option had a really strange smell and taste. I would pick a different one.
The tortellini will be prepared per package instructions and then added to the meal.
Be sure to also use some tortellini to make this Tortellini Pasta Salad too!
How do you make this gluten-free?
This tortellini bake can be made gluten-free with a simple swap of gluten-free tortellini.
All remaining ingredients will be naturally gluten-free but as always be sure to check them before purchasing.
Tips for Making Easy Tortellini Bake:
This is baked in an 8×8 dish, which fits perfectly; however, you can use a 9×13 if you want but the layers would not be as defined.
We typically use Prego sauce or this Homemade Marinara Sauce, it’s completely up to you!
If you are using gluten-free tortellini, most of them come in 12 ounce packages. This recipe typically uses 16 ounces of tortellini, but 12 ounces will work just fine without having to open an additional package.
If you want to add additional flavor, add some Italian seasoning or rosemary. Those tend to give a great boost of flavor.
Once you’re done, it’s simply topped with cheese. Serve it with a side of Air Fryer Garlic Bread!
Easy Tortellini Bake
- 1 Lb Ground Beef Cooked and Drained
- 16 oz Package Cheese Tortellini or Gluten-Free Tortellini Cooked according to package
- 26 oz Jar Pasta Sauce
- 2 Cups Shredded Italian Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Brown the ground beef on medium-high heat until no longer pink, drain and return to the pan.
- Prepare the tortellini per the package instructions. If using gluten-free, 12oz will work fine.
- Once both the meat and the pasta have been cooked and drained, spray an 8×8 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place half of the tortellini in a layer on the bottom topped with 1/2 the meat, then 1/2 the sauce, and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat another layer finishing up with a topping of cheese.
- Bake this in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cheese has fully melted.