Make an easy meal that is bursting with flavor with this Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken, plus it can easily be done gluten-free too!
This is by far one of my favorite recipes because it’s so easy. If you prefer the basic recipe, check out this Oven Fried Chicken. This post will focus on adding lots of flavor to the chicken with extra Parmesan.
This dish pairs perfectly with a tasty Bruschetta too!
Be sure to also check out this Caprese Chicken that you are sure to love too!
Pair this recipe with Roasted Broccoli and Carrots, this is a great option for an easy side dish!
How do you make Gluten-Free Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken?
The only swap needed is the flour, simply swap the flour with a gluten-free all-purpose flour. This needs to be a 1:1 swap. We prefer to use Better Batter; however, King Arthur and Cup 4 Cup work well too.
This is the only switch you will need but as always be sure to check all ingredients first.
What type of chicken should you use?
This recipe will use a whole chicken; however, it needs to be cut.
It’s best to request to have it cut at the meat counter or butcher. They can easily cut through the bones and give you individual cuts of chicken from your chicken fryer.
This can be done though with skin-on chicken thighs or chicken breast too. This recipe though does use skin-on chicken.
Tips for Making Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken:
This recipe can is made with grated parmesan. It can also be garnished with some additional parmesan cheese too as you see in the pictures along with parsley.
This recipe simply mixes flour along with a few seasonings to give it a boost of flavor. Then, you will cook it in the oven until the temperature reaches at least 165°F.
We prefer to serve this with pasta or salad. It can also be served alongside asparagus or mashed potatoes too.
This simple recipe is a great one to learn to cook with, it’s an easy beginner recipe that takes wonderful!
Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken
- 2 1/2 Lb Whole Chicken Cut
- 1/2 Cup Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Sweet Basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking dish with foil and grease it as well to avoid the skin sticking to the dish.
- Place the flour in a bowl and set aside.
- Next mix the cheese, salt, oregano, and basil in a separate dish.
- Take each piece of chicken and coat with the flour then pat with the cheese mixture and place on the greased dish.
- This will need to bake 30 minutes, then turn the chicken and bake an additional 30 minutes until well browned. The internal temperature needs to be at least 165°F to be considered done, we prefer to go closer to 175°F.