Make a simple go-to recipe with this Bruschetta Crostini, perfect for parties and easy to serve gluten-free if needed!
This Bruschetta Crostini makes for a great appetizer for parties, dinner dates, or just as a great little lunch option.
One thing we love to do for this recipe uses fresh tomatoes. If you have fresh tomatoes in your garden, this is a great way to use them.
Although we normally use Roma tomatoes, any red tomatoes will do.
What is bruschetta?
Bruschetta is a thick bread that is usually coated with some olive oil or garlic and then it’s topped with a wonderful mix of fresh tomatoes and seasoning.
It’s a great appetizer and really can be loved by all assuming you like tomatoes.
Bruschetta can also be served on top of meat such as with this Baked Chicken Bruschetta. It can be served on top of salad or greens too. There is a variety of serving options outside of simply using bread.
Should you use fresh ingredients for Bruschetta?
Fresh ingredients are a MUST in my opinion for bruschetta, that is why this recipe is so wonderful if you have your own garden too. That means you can grab your tomatoes and herbs right from your own backyard.
The flavors that come from the fresh ingredients really make this recipe.
The other thing to remember is to use high-quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar, these also make a difference. My go-to is Pompeian but any high-quality brand will work.
Tips for Making Bruschetta:
Although you can serve this in a variety of ways, we are focusing today on bread. This bread does need to be toasted to really give it the crisp texture that you are going for with the Bruschetta Crostini, which means little pieces of toast.
It is first coated with a bit of olive oil to enhance the flavor and then topped with the bruschetta mixture. Trust me when I say that one won’t be enough, you’ll be coming back for more!
Prepare the bruschetta while the toast is toasting and then serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Now it’s time to enjoy these Bruschetta Crostini!
- 1 French Baguette or Gluten-Free Baguette
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Roma Tomatoes Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Italian Parsley
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Slice the bread about 1/4 of an inch thick and place it on a greased baking sheet.
- Using 2 Tbsp of olive oil, brush each piece with the olive oil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden browned.
- While this is baking, combine the remaining oil, tomatoes, parsley, garlic, cheese, balsamic vinegar, and salt into a medium-sized bowl and stir or mix well.
- Once the bread has been removed from the oven, top each piece with the bruschetta.