This post is written in partnership with Pompeian Oils, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Make your own better for you appetizer for the holidays with these Bruschetta Crostini!
It’s the week of Thanksgiving and that means the holidays are upon us as is all that holiday food! My family likes to add in some better-for-you options as opposed to all those heavy foods. One thing I thought I’d do is make Bruschetta Crostinis as an appetizer this holiday season instead of the heavy breaded recipes.
These are so simple to make plus they are a hit at any party. Not only are they simple to make but also easy for eating while mingling with guests too. Of course, maybe your breath will be an issue with the garlic, but I know it will be worth it. Crostini is basically a small toasted slice of bread, then simply top with the bruchetta for a great appetizer.
I decided to use Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a key element to the flavor of the bruschetta. This olive oil is USDA Certified Organic and is the perfect addition to the bruschetta. Once I had the bruschetta topped onto the crostinis, I drizzled them with Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar. These products ensure the best possible care and quality of the product from Pompeian plus they boast a full flavor too.
I typically make the bruschetta with Roma Tomatoes, Italian Parsley, Grated Parmesan, Garlic, and Olive Oil. It’s a simple mixture and then top over the crostini with the drizzle of balsamic vinegar. The perfect way to make a comfort appetizer a bit more healthy for you too!
A good appetizer is key to any holiday gathering as many times the main dishes are still cooking as guests arrive. Bruschetta Crostinis are a lighter option, which also helps save some room for the main meal as well.
I am already trying to save room this week and go to the gym a few extra times just to save up for Thanksgiving. I do think our Thanksgiving is going to be much more low key so hopefully that helps me stay in line too. The good thing is these Bruschetta Crostinis are perfect for those with health in mind!
Pin it for later –
- 1 French Baguette
- 4 Tbsp Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Roma Tomatoes Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Italian Parsley
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Slice the bread about 1/4 of an inch thick and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Using 2 Tbsp of olive oil, brush each piece with the olive oil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden browned.
- While this is baking, combine the remaining oil, tomatoes, parsley, garlic, and cheese in a medium sized bowl.
- Once the bread has been removed from the oven, top each piece with the bruschetta and drizzle the vinegar on top.