These Stuffed Baby Portobello Mushrooms are perfect for parties and of course game day too!
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms or Stuffed Mushrooms are a regular go-to for parties and they never last either!
If you are looking for the air fryer version, check out these Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms.
How to make Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms:
These Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms use simple ingredients and are ready in less than 30 minutes.
We prefer to use the stem in the stuffing of the mushroom, so as you prepare these, I toss all the ingredients into a food processor and chop them up finely.
Once they are finely chopped, we stuff the mushrooms.
The stuffing includes ground sausage, cream cheese, mushroom stems, parsley, and garlic. It’s all very simple ingredients and then those stems don’t go to waste either!
If you prefer to discard the stems, you are more than welcome to do that too.
We like to use mini or baby portobello mushrooms for these are the same as regular portobello they are just smaller and didn’t grow as large.
Cleaning a Mushroom:
When making stuffed portobello mushrooms it’s very important to fully clean the mushroom before stuffing it.
Remove the steam and clean them with water, while also cleaning out the inside. Also, be sure to fully dry them. The gills of the inside can be eaten and left in the mushrooms if you prefer.
As mentioned above, you can add the mushroom stem to the food processor, which is what we do or you can discard it. When adding the stems to the food processor if you make many more mushrooms than what is indicated in this recipe, then you will probably want to use maybe 3/4 of them.
This way you do not have too many stems added back into the stuffing. This would be if you were making double the recipe.
We’ve used leftover mushroom stuffing as a dip too, you can bake it in a bowl for about 15 minutes and then use it as a hot dip with crackers or chips.
These are also naturally gluten-free!
Enjoy these Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms!
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 16 oz Mini/Baby Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 lb Mild Ground Italian Sausage or Ground Pork Sausage Cooked and Drained
- 8 oz Package of Cream Cheese Softened
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Place the stems in a food processor. (See Note)
- Add the cooked sausage, cream cheese, parsley, garlic clove, and cheese to the food processor.
- Blend to make it a finely chopped consistency.
- Stuff each mushroom and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft.