Make easy tortellini pasta salad in minutes, it’s perfect to serve for a picnic or barbecue!
If you want to add a great recipe to your list of summer picnic recipes, then this Tortellini Pasta Salad will be a hit!
Tortellini Pasta Salad ranks high on my list of favorite pasta salads, right there with Broccoli Salad. It’s just so delicious and easy to make.
This is a great one to serve alongside your favorite grilled recipes or just as a lunch recipe with a nice glass of sweet tea!
Can you make gluten-free tortellini pasta salad?
It is very easy to make Gluten-Free Tortellini Pasta Salad with one swap, you will need gluten-free tortellini.
I use Taste Republic Gluten Free Four Cheese Tortellini, which I have found at both Target and Costco.
Many times the gluten-free pasta comes in sizes of 12oz instead of 16oz, which is okay and can be used in this recipe. I would just stick with the 12oz unless you need more servings.
Tips for Making Tortellini Pasta Salad:
All that beautiful color in this pasta salad comes with the vegetables. We add bell peppers, tomatoes, and zucchini squash. I like to do multiple colors of bell peppers to give them color.
It can also be garnished with parsley for more color before serving too.
The dressing for this pasta salad is a Homemade Italian Dressing, you can also do store-bought if you’d like as well.
This salad does need to be refrigerated as it is a cold pasta salad. Be sure to let it chill in the fridge for about 2 hours before serving.
It can be prepped the day before as well and then served cold right out of the fridge or at room temperature.
Now it’s time to whip up this amazing recipe!
Easy Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 16 Oz Refrigerated Cheese Tortellini or Gluten-Free Tortellini
- 3 Bell Peppers (Any Color) Chopped
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 Cup Diced Zucchini Squash
- 1/4 Cup Black Olives Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Diced Ham
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Mozzarella Balls or Pearls
- 1/2 Cup Italian Dressing
- Prepare the tortellini as instructed on the package.
- Let the tortellini cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tortellini to a medium-sized bowl along with the peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, olives, and diced ham.
- Using a paper towel, carefully dab any excess water off the cheese and add it into the bowl.
- Pour in the dressing and mix well, if needed add additional dressing to taste.
- Cover the salad and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve cold.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Oh I just printed this out. Sounds too good to pass up! Thanks for the recipe.
Julie Lamar says
How do you make mozzarella balls?
Mommy Hates Cooking says
We buy Mozzarella Pearls from the store. https://www.target.com/p/belgioioso-fresh-mozzarella-pearl-cheese-8oz