Make an easy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole as an overnight breakfast casserole. This is also perfect to make in the Ninja Foodi too!
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is one of the BEST crockpot breakfast recipes to make to feed a crowd, for instance when you have to take breakfast to a book club or a church group the next morning.
We even made this recipe on a camping trip. Do you bring your crockpot or Ninja Foodi with you while camping? If you do, then this is a great breakfast camping recipe.
We plugged in the night before, keeping in mind we were in a camper so we did have electricity.
Once we woke up, breakfast was ready to go and it easily fed more than 8 of us. I’d say it feeds 8, but if you have small kids as we did at the time it fed a little more.
Tips for Making Crockpot Breakfast Casserole:
This recipe is wonderful as an overnight breakfast casserole, so feel free to put it in the crockpot or Ninja Foodi using the slow cooker function, the night before.
When you wake up it’ll be ready to go.
It’s best to use frozen hash brows for this recipe, let them thaw slightly so that they are easy to work with. This can also be made with egg whites too, but you will likely need to add to about 3 cups.
This recipe uses whole eggs and 12 eggs are about 3 cups, so that’s the amount you’ll need in total.
How do you use the Ninja Foodi Slow Cooker Function?
If you want to make this with your Ninja Foodi, it’s simple with the slow cooker function. First, you need the pressure cooker lid or you can use this glass lid, which is my preference.
If you use the pressure cooker lid, set the nozzle to ‘vent’, then make the recipe as it’s written. That means the cook time and temperature, all of it will be exactly the same using the slow cooker function.
Now if you are traveling and want to take the pot with you, I’m loving this inner lid for the Ninja Foodi, it’s a great one to use for traveling with the cooked food in the pot.
If you want to use the air fryer function for the breakfast casserole, try this Air Fryer Breakfast Casserole.
Can you freeze Crockpot Breakfast Casserole?
This easy breakfast casserole is also easy to freeze and serve later. The first step is to let it fully cool, be sure it’s cooled and then slice it into smaller pieces and freeze in freezer-safe storage if you plan to use it for single servings later.
Once it’s in the freezer, it can be stored there for up to 2 months. When you are ready to serve the casserole, just heat it up for about 1-2 minutes and serve.
This Crockpot Breakfast Casserole will become a favorite in your household, plus it’s a great recipe to add to your list of Ninja Foodi Recipes too!
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Bag 28-32oz Shredded Hash Browns, Slightly Thawed
- 1 Lb Breakfast Sausage Bacon or Ham - Cooked
- 1 Cup Diced Bell Peppers Any Color
- 3-4 Green Onions Sliced
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese or Colby Jack
- 2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Cook sausage, bacon, or ham if needed and set aside.
- Spray the inside of the crockpot or the Ninja Foodi pot with olive oil cooking spray.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper until combined well. Set aside.
- Add hash browns to the bottom of the crockpot or the Ninja Foodi pot.
- On top of the hash browns, layer half the meat, peppers, onion, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat the layers.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
- If using the Ninja Foodi - use the glass lid or the pressure cooker lid with the nozzle set to 'vent' and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Serve immediately.
- Leftovers can be stored for up to 4 days.