As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Are you ready for a delicious dinner? Try this Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Casserole with Gluten Free Egg Noodles!
One thing that I have missed SO MUCH being gluten free are egg noodles. Those delicious, wide egg noodles. I was recently told to try Jovial Egg Noodles.
I have not had a chance to try them yet, but I do intend to. I opted to make Homemade Gluten Free Egg Noodles for this dish instead.
They aren’t the exact same texture that you would find in a store bought egg noodle, but they are better…in my opinion.
I also find that something about making them myself makes me feel good. I have no idea what it is? Maybe I’m just crazy, but it makes me feel like I’m back in time.
One of my favorite recipes to use these noodles in is this Creamy Chicken Noodles recipe. It’s a classic and perfect during the fall.
If you plan to make your own homemade noodles, there are only a few things you will need.
What do you need for Gluten Free Homemade Egg Noodles?
- Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
Tips for Making Gluten Free Homemade Egg Noodles:
- Add in the water at the end, only if needed.
- Sometimes the dough can be difficult to work with, the water makes it more pliable; however, you do not want to add too much.
What do you need for Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Casserole?
- Gluten Free Egg Noodles
- Shredded or Diced Chicken
- Gluten Free Cream of Chicken
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
This is one of those meals that we had each week as a kid. My mom would make it for us, only back then it wasn’t gluten free.
I am so happy to have found a great way to recreate it now as an adult in a way that I can enjoy too!
Where can you find Gluten Free Cream of Chicken Soup?
I also have found that Walmart now carries a Gluten Free Cream of Chicken that is actually VERY GOOD! It rivals the traditional Cream of Chicken.
Plus it’s a Great Value brand and is just over $1. That’s extremely well priced for gluten free food.
My family loves to have this Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Casserole in the fall months.
I tend to add it to our menu frequently, especially as a Sunday evening dinner.
It just reminds me so much of family, I’d imagine because it was my favorite meal as a kid so I remember spending time with my mom eating our Chicken Noodle Casserole.
Are you ready for a bite? It’s time to enjoy this Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Casserole!
Other Gluten Free Recipes to Try:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour, Plus more for rolling dough
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 10.5 Oz Can of Gluten Free Cream of Chicken
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Cooked & Shredded Chicken
- 2 Cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
To Make the Noodles:
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl, then make a well in the center and add in the eggs.
- Using a fork combine the eggs into the flour mixture until slightly sticky.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface, adding in more flour if necessary and knead for about 5 minutes, forming into a ball.
- Cover the dough ball with plastic wrap and place this in the fridge for at least 15 minutes, but up to 24 hours.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out until about 1/4" thick, then cut them to the width you prefer.
- At this point, add a touch of water if you need to in order to make the dough a bit more pliable.
- Continue to add more flour if needed to avoid sticking and cut them. Place each noodle on a plate or in a pan.
- Let them sit uncovered for 1 hour until they have dried out.
- Once the noodles have dried out, add 2 cups of water to a stock pot and warm up to a low boil.
- Add in the noodles and cook for about 10 minutes until soft, similar to cooked pasta.
- Drain the noodles.
To Make the Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Combine the drained noodles, cream of chicken, broth, cooked chicken, and vegetables in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly pour the mixture into the dish.
- Top evenly with gluten free breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve with salt and/or pepper to your preference.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 635mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 19g