Make a simple Gluten-Free Cream of Chicken Soup with pantry and fridge ingredients in minutes!
A few weeks ago, I shared this easy Gluten-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup and now we’re going to use that same base recipe to make this Gluten-Free Cream of Chicken Soup.
This soup is a wonderful addition to any recipe that calls for Cream of Chicken. I used to have such a hard time finding gluten-free cream soups at the store, but they are actually beyond easy to make yourself at home. Plus, when you make them yourself, you have more control over what ingredients go into these cream soups too!
How do you make Gluten-Free Cream of Chicken Soup?
The only ingredient that is not gluten-free is the flour, so for this recipe, use gluten-free all-purpose flour such as Better Batter or any 1:1 flour.
This simple swap is all you need to do to make this recipe gluten-free.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Cream of Chicken Soup:
This particular soup is made with cooked chicken, so be sure to have cooked and chopped chicken ready to add to this recipe. This chicken can be cooked in advance and just warmed up before adding to this recipe or you can make it right when needed.
This is a versatile recipe too, you can add more or less seasoning as you prefer too. I find it’s nice to have control over the sodium content, which most store-bought creamed soups are full of that.
This can also be stored in an airtight container, such as a mason jar, in the fridge until you are ready to serve it too.
This easy Gluten-Free Cream of Chicken Soup is perfect to use in any of these delicious recipes!
Gluten-Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 Cup 1 Stick Butter
- 6 Tbsp Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Cup Chicken Cooked & Chopped
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add in the flour and whisk until combined.
- Add in the chicken stock and milk, whisk 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the cooked chicken.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.