As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Ninja Foodi Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice Bake is a go-to comfort meal that is perfect to make in a Ninja Foodi, plus easy to make gluten-free too!
Most nights, we always have leftovers, it’s just how it is when you have 2 adults and 2 kids. The kids never eat all that much and that leaves us some leftovers. That’s totally fine too and how I prefer it…except when we make Ninja Foodi Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice Bake.
No leftovers…nothing, not even crumbs.
Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice was my favorite meal growing up, I used to love that creamy rice that went with. My mom made it a bit differently than I do now, but it was just as good.
How do you make Ninja Foodi Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice Bake?
To make this dish, I used the multi-purpose pan that I ordered on Amazon. It’s made by Ninja and works perfectly for a variety of meals in the Ninja Foodi.
It also fits both the 6.5 quart and 8 quart Ninja Foodi. If you do not have this pan, you can make this in the pot of the Ninja Foodi. It’s just easier to serve using this particular pan as opposed to the larger pot.
One quick tip when making this is to add the cheese in the final 10 minutes, after 10 minutes of cooking, it’s the best to open the lid and mix up the casserole this way you can make sure the rice is fully cooked.
At that point, you will add the cheese and then cook for an additional 10 minutes.
How do you cook the chicken in the Ninja Foodi for Ninja Foodi Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice Bake?
For this recipe, the chicken will be cooked along with some onion prior to baking it. That means you will saute it in the pot of the Ninja Foodi first, then you will add the cooked chicken to the multi-purpose pan.
I suggest using chicken thighs, they tend to cook the best and do not dry out during the baking process.
The pan will sit right on the wire rack that comes with the Ninja Foodi with the handles up so that you can easily remove it.
Be sure to use your mitts because it will be hot when it completes cooking.
How do you make Ninja Foodi Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice Bake gluten-free?
The only change you need to make to make this gluten-free is to use Gluten-Free Cream of Chicken Soup. I have been able to find this at my local Walmart with the Great Value brand.
It can also be made from scratch with this Gluten-Free Cream of Chicken Recipe.
This is a wonderful comfort meal and a great dish to make in the Ninja Foodi! Enjoy this Ninja Foodi Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice Bake.
Be sure to find even more Ninja Foodi Recipes in the Ninja Foodi Archives!
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (Cut into chunks)
- 1/4 Cup White Onion, Diced
- 1 1/2 Cups Quick Cooking Uncooked White Rice (Minute Rice)
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 10oz Can Cream of Chicken Soup or Gluten-Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Spray the pot of the Ninja Foodi with the olive oil cooking spray.
- Turn saute function to high.
- Add the cut chicken and onion.
- Cook the chicken until well done, at least 165 degrees internal temperature. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, spray the multi-purpose pan with olive oil spray.
- Place the chicken on the bottom of the pan.
- Top with the broccoli florets.
- Evenly top with the rice.
- Pour the water over the rice.
- Combine the cream of chicken and sour cream, pour it evenly over the rice.
- Place the pan on top of the wire rack that comes with the Foodi in the low position, so it sits low in the pot. The handles should be up on the side to make it easy for you to pull it out of the Foodi.
- Using the lid that is attached to the Foodi, shut the lid and cook on the bake/roast function for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Carefully open the lid.
- Carefully stir up the ingredients to be sure the rice is fully submerged under the water and soup. Just a light stirring of the ingredients will do.
- Top with cheese.
- Shut the lid and cook on the bake/roast function for an additional 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Open the lid, use the mitts to remove the dish from the Foodi.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.
If you are using frozen broccoli, run hot water over it prior to cooking to defrost it. Use just the tops of it, not thick stems.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 564Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 880mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 34g