Make a simple Gluten-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup with pantry style ingredients in minutes!
One of my favorite go-to recipes to make is cream soups, all made homemade. I fell in love with this when I went gluten-free many years ago and had such a hard time finding soups like cream of mushroom made gluten-free.
Nowadays, you can find canned gluten-free soups fairly easily at many stores; however, if you prefer to make it homemade, you can still make it right at home with easy ingredients found in your fridge and pantry.
How do you make Gluten-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup?
The only ingredient that is not gluten-free is the flour, so for this recipe, use gluten-free all-purpose flour such as Better Batter or any 1:1 flour.
This simple swap is all you need to do to make this recipe gluten-free.
Tips for making Gluten-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup:
This soup is very easy to make; however, you do want to have those mushrooms cooked ahead of time when making this. It’s best to use about 8oz of mushrooms, then slice them up after cleaning.
Once they are cleaned and sliced, just saute them in olive oil in a pan on the stove. They are easy to saute, it just takes about 5 minutes, and they’ll be soft and perfect for this cream of mushroom soup.
This recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge or used immediately. If we put it in the fridge, we typically use a mason jar with a secure lid. I prefer though to use it immediately after making.
Now, are you ready to make your own cream of mushroom soup? It’s time to whip up this easy Gluten-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup and enjoy a delicious dinner tonight!
Stay tuned for a few other variations to this as well, I’ll be sharing Gluten-Free Cream of Chicken and Gluten-Free Cream of Celery too!
Gluten-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 Cup 1 Stick Butter
- 6 Tbsp Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Pound Mushrooms Cleaned, Sliced, and Sauteed
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add in the flour and whisk well to combine.
- Add in chicken stock and milk, whisking for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until it begins to thicken about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the sauteed mushrooms and remove from heat.
- Let cool completely then use or store in an airtight container in the fridge.