As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
A delicious, comfort meal can be done with this King Ranch Chicken.
King Ranch Chicken
It’s astonishing to me that I’ve been posting recipes on this site for more than 7 years now! Many of you have been around that entire time, some are just stopping by.
Regardless, that is a long time to be posting recipes each day. That also means some of the old ones I posted sometimes I tend to forget about like this King Ranch Chicken.
How do you make Gluten-Free King Ranch Chicken
I made King Ranch Chicken many years ago, but then when I went gluten-free it was stored away in the back of my mind because the cream soup was not gluten-free.
Thankfully, I’ve found that not only can I make my own now, but they also have gluten-free cream soups at the store now too, even Walmart. It really is amazing to see how far gluten-free has come.
There are so many products now that are gluten-free and make it almost easy to maintain that way of eating.
I decided to remake that delicious King Ranch Chicken, but this time I used a Gluten-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup instead.
It was a simple swap and this was just so delicious, the entire family loved it. It made for a great comfort meal on a busy day.
Of course, let’s be honest, I think my kids loved the Doritos more than the actual meat and bulk of the recipe, but they ate it! I’ll just say that was a mommy win for me, especially after a long day.
It’s amazing how just going to and from schools twice a day can completely wear you out, right? Granted it’s a bit of a drive, but I just don’t feel like it should wear me out so much but goodness it does!
It’s nice though to come home and enjoy a delicious meal before heading to the next round of activities!
- 2 Cups Chicken, Cooked and Cubed
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1 Cup Skim Milk
- 1 Can Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Can Rotel Tomatoes
- 8 oz Grated Low Fat Cheddar Cheese
- Baked Doritos, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Next, spray a 9 x 13 dish with non stick cooking spray then place the crushed Doritos on the bottom of the dish.
- On top of the Doritos, place the chicken evenly to fill the dish.
- Mix up all other ingredients, except the cheese, and pour over the chicken and Doritos.
- This will bake in the oven for 40 minutes, once it is done top with cheese and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 1395mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 24g