King Ranch Chicken
A delicious, comfort meal can be done with this King Ranch Chicken.
It’s astonishing to me that I’ve been posting recipes on this site for more than 7 years now! Many of you have been around that entire time, some are just stopping by. Regardless, that is a long time to be posting recipes each day. That also means some of the old ones I posted sometimes I tend to forget about like this King Ranch Chicken.
I made King Ranch Chicken many years ago, but then when I went gluten-free it was stored away in the back of my mind because the cream soup was not gluten-free. Thankfully, I’ve found that not only can I make my own now, but they also have gluten-free cream soups at the store now too, even Walmart. It really is amazing to see how far gluten-free has come. There are so many products now that are gluten-free and make it almost easy to maintain that way of eating.
I decided to remake that delicious King Ranch Chicken, but this time I used a Gluten-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup instead. It was a simple swap and this was just so delicious, the entire family loved it. It made for a great comfort meal on a busy day.
King Ranch Chicken
- 2 Cups Chicken, Cooked and Shredded
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1 Cup Skim Milk
- 1 Can Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup or Gluten-Free Version
- 1 Can Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup or Gluten-Free Version
- 1 14.5oz Can Rotel Tomatoes, Drained
- 2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups Crushed Doritos
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the onion, pepper, milk, soups, and tomatoes.
- Next, spray a 9 x 13 dish with non stick cooking spray then place a cup of Doritos on the bottom.
- On top of the Doritos, place about a cup of chicken.
- Add a layer of the soup mixture, half the mixture.
- Top with a cup of shredded cheese.
- Repeat the Doritos, chicken, and soup mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 Minutes and Serve.
Of course, let’s be honest, I think my kids loved the Doritos more than the actual meat and bulk of the recipe, but they ate it! I’ll just say that was a mommy win for me especially after a long day. It’s amazing how just going to and from schools twice a day can completely wear you out, right? Granted it’s a bit of a drive, but I just don’t feel like it should wear me out so much but goodness it does!
It’s nice though to come home and enjoy a delicious meal before heading to the next round of activities!
Pin it for Later –