Get ready for summer with these great Easy Picnic Salad Recipes!
When you think of summer, what comes to mind? The cookouts and Barbecues? Maybe a lot of swimming?
Whatever the case may be, lots of good food is to be served too including these Easy Picnic Salad Recipes!
We always serve many Picnic Salads as side dishes for cookouts or paired with cold-cut sandwiches by the pool. They are even great with Air Fryer Chicken Wings too.
What are picnic salads?
They are typically cold salads that use lots of different vegetables.
Sometimes it’s even going to be cold pasta salads with vegetables added in like a classic pasta salad or Macaroni Salad.
Many times these salads are easy to prep ahead and make large portion sizes, so you can easily share with a crowd.
How do you make these gluten-free?
Some salads will be naturally gluten-free like most potato salads and broccoli salads; however, some salads need to be adapted to be made gluten-free.
This is the case for pasta salad, using gluten-free pasta will do the trick to make it gluten-free.
Always be sure to ask before eating if you are ever in doubt, but many recipes on this list are gluten-free.
Tips for Making Picnic Salads:
Many different picnic salads can be made, maybe even created yourself too! The best summer salads are often the ones made with fresh produce straight from your garden.
This is true of Strawberry Spinach Salad or a good BLT Salad. This list will give you plenty to choose from that will complement your summer cookout well.
Some of them are great to eat as a meal too, we like to do this with Classic Pasta Salad, it makes a great lunch throughout the week paired with some fresh produce.
Pasta Salad is a great dish to add in some fresh cherry tomatoes out of the garden along with some chunks of cheese and fresh herbs. It’s easy to get creative!
Pair these picnic salad recipes with any of these pellet grill recipes!
Picnic Salad Recipes
- 6 Cups Broccoli Florets Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red Onions Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Bacon Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds Shelled
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, bacon, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and cheddar cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo, sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss well to combine.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour and toss together once more before serving.