As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make the best cold pasta salad with this Ninja Foodi Pasta Salad that can easily be made gluten-free too!
The trick here is that you are only cooking the pasta in the Ninja Foodi, but you can mix up all the remaining ingredients right into it. Makes it easy to use just one-pot and no stove is needed.
How do you cook pasta in the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker?
If you use a box of 12-16oz pasta, you will then use 4 cups of water to cover the pasta and cook for half the amount of time listed on the box.
Generally, that ends up being 4-6 minutes.
For this recipe, I used Gluten-Free Rotini Pasta and cooked it for 4 minutes.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Pasta Salad:
It’s best to drain the pasta before adding in the remaining ingredients, use cold water to drain the pasta so that it also cools down the pasta before adding the remaining ingredients.
If you are using gluten-free pasta, many times it gets a sandy texture, so it’s vital to drain and rinse it. Sometimes it may be necessary to rinse the pot of the Ninja Foodi too so that all that sandy, gooey water is removed.
Once it’s rinsed and drained with cold water, just return the pasta back to the pot.
At that point, you will mix in the remaining ingredients and the dressing for the pasta salad.
Be sure before adding in the cheese cubes that the pasta has cooled down so that they do not melt.
Lastly, it’s best served cold, so store it in the fridge in an airtight container for a few hours before serving. This is perfect as lunch or paired with dinner or cookout. It easily serves about 8 and even more if you are using it as a side item.
Ready to eat? Let’s make this Ninja Foodi Pasta Salad!
- 12oz Gluten-Free or Regular Rotini Pasta
- 4 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Grape Tomatoes, Sliced
- 3 Green Onions, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Black Olives, Sliced
- 1 Green Pepper, Diced
- 1 Red Pepper, Diced
- 1 Cup Cubed Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Pepperoni or Mini Pepperoni
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- In the pot of the Ninja Foodi add the pasta and the water.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid to the Ninja Foodi and move the nozzle to seal.
- Cook on manual pressure on high for 1/2 the amount of cook time listed on the box of pasta that you are using. For my box, it was 8 minutes total, so I cooked it in the pressure cooker for 4 minutes on high.
- Once done, quickly release the steam, move the nozzle to vent.
- Drain the pasta and run cold water over the pasta.
- While this is draining clean out the pot of the Ninja Foodi if needed.
- Return the pasta that has been drained and had cold water over it back into the pot of the Ninja Foodi or into a large bowl - either one.
- Add the tomato, onion, olives, and peppers.
- Mix this up and add in the cheese and the pepperoni. Be sure the pasta is cool so the cheese does not melt, the cold water helps cool it down.
- Once this is done, combine the olive oil, garlic salt, parsley, red wine vinegar, and sugar in a small dish.
- Once combined pour over the pasta and stir well.
- Put it in an airtight container and chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 599mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g