Make this EASY Macaroni Salad that can be made in the Ninja Foodi and made Gluten-Free too, you have options!
It’s time to fire up the grill with these Pellet Grill Recipes and then pair them with some of your favorite picnic salads such as this easy macaroni salad.
How do you make Gluten-Free Macaroni Salad?
It can be made gluten-free with a simple swap of pasta too.
I’ve found that Barilla makes the best elbow macaroni; however, any pasta of your favorite brand will work just the same.
Remember that if you make the pasta in the Ninja Foodi, it is cooked for half the time listed on the box.
How do you make Macaroni Salad in the Ninja Foodi?
This salad can be made with the assistance of your Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker or Instant Pot using the pressure cooker to cook the pasta.
In order to do this, add the 16oz of pasta to the pot of the Ninja Foodi along with 4 cups of water. Once the pressure cooker lid is secured, move the nozzle to SEAL.
This will need to cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
Once it’s done, quickly release the pressure by moving the nozzle to VENT. Then, drain the pasta and rinse with cold water before moving on with the recipe.
This is a great simple way to cook pasta. If you do not have a Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot, boil the pasta per the box instructions.
These are the instructions for basic elbow macaroni, if you use a different pasta check the time on the box. Based on the box times, use half the time for the Ninja Foodi.
Tips for Making Macaroni Salad:
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the dressing and then combine it with the pasta and vegetables.
This is a cold picnic salad, so it needs to be chilled for at least 4 hours. It is best to chill it though for 24 hours, so this is a great recipe to prepare ahead of time.
Before serving, mix up the pasta salad to be sure it’s all fully coated in the dressing.
This serves anywhere from 12-16 based on the serving size.
Easy Macaroni Salad
- 16oz Elbow Macaroni Pasta or Gluten-Free Pasta
- 1 Cup Real Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Relish
- 2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- Dash Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Diced White Onion
- 2 Stalks Chopped Celery
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Bacon (Optional)
- If you prefer to cook the pasta in the Ninja Foodi, please see the notes section for instructions. Begin by boiling the pasta per the box instructions.
- Drain the pasta with cold water to cool the pasta down.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the mayo, vinegar, sugar, relish, mustard, and pepper in a small bowl to make the dressing. Whisk this well.
- Once the pasta is fully cooked and drained, add the pasta to a large bowl with the onion, celery, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and bacon (optional).
- Once in the large bowl, add the dressing mixture and mix this up well, fully coating the pasta.
- Cover and place in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. The longer it chills the better it is.
- Serve cold, this ends up being enough for roughly 16 people with a side dish style serving size.