Make this tasty Ninja Foodi Chicken Pesto using the Air Crisp function in less than 20 minutes!
This recipe was originally featured over on Air Fryer Fanatics!
What chicken should you use for Ninja Foodi Chicken Pesto?
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs are the BEST option for this, the chicken is juicy and flavorful.
You can use chicken breast as well, but I have found they tend to dry out quickly, so be sure to watch the timing and temperature closely.
It’s best to have a meat thermometer when cooking any meat, especially chicken.
The internal temperature needs to be at least 165*F to be considered well done. Since all machines do heat differently, having a meat thermometer will ensure that you get the right timing for your chicken.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Chicken Pesto:
This recipe can be done with either Homemade Pesto or Store-Bought Pesto. We typically use Prego Basil Pesto Sauce from the store. It just makes this even easier to whip up on a busy night.
The only thing that you need to make this chicken is pesto sauce and chicken. The chicken will be coated with pesto and then air-fried.
It takes about 15-20 minutes to fully cook the chicken which is dependent on your machine.
In the last 2-3 minutes of the cooking time, I like to top ours with a few slices of fresh mozzarella. It gives it a great flavor.
The chicken can then be served as is, with a salad, or over your favorite pasta.
This is a wonderful way to make Air Fryer Chicken Thighs and the flavor is just fabulous, plus very little effort or time on your part.
If you want to do the pressure cooker version check out this Pressure Cooker Pesto Chicken.
Ninja Foodi Chicken Pesto (Air Crisp)
- 1/2 Cup Basil Pesto Sauce
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Fresh Mozzarella (Optional)
- Sliced Roma Tomatoes (Optional)
- Grapeseed Oil Spray
- Coat the basket of the Ninja Foodi with grapeseed oil spray.
- Add the pesto to a bowl, then coat each chicken thigh well with the pesto.
- Place the basket into the pot of the Ninja Foodi, then evenly add the chicken.
- Use the Air Crisp function at 390*F for 15-18 minutes, check-in on the chicken halfway through the cooking time to make sure it does not overcook. Flip the chicken if needed. The internal temperature should be 165*F to be fully cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked, if preferred, carefully top it with fresh mozzarella and heat for an additional 2 minutes to melt the mozzarella.
- Serve topped with sliced Roma tomatoes.