Make the BEST Grilled Sausage Links that are perfect for parties and cookouts!
Making Grilled Sausage Links is so easy to do right on your grill or even your pellet grill too.
For this particular recipe, I am using Spicy Smoked Sausages that are pre-cooked.
How long does it take to grill sausage links?
If you are using pre-cooked sausage links at 450*F, it takes about 10-12 minutes. If these are not cooked it will take closer to 15 minutes.
Once they are done cooking, for this recipe, we will top them with toppings and then place the sausage and bun back on the grill to melt the cheese.
Sausage links can be made either pre-cooked or uncooked, be sure to fully cook them before serving if they are uncooked up to an internal temperature of at least 160*F.
It’s best to use a meat thermometer to check this.
Can you make sausage links on the pellet grill?
These can be made on a pellet grill, just the same as a gas grill. They need to be cooked at 450*F.
In regards to the pellets, we use a variety of pellets for these including cherry and oak.
Tips for Making Grilled Sausage Links:
This recipe is going to be focusing on pre-cooked sausage links.
We’ve found that grilling them, then topping them, and adding them back to the grill gives them a great flavor and texture.
This recipe uses deli-sliced Pepperoncini, if you cannot find deli-sliced, you can buy the full size and then thinly slice them.
They are also topped with diced onion, all of these toppings are optional but do enhance the flavor of the sausage.
Adding chili on top is another option as well that makes them similar to a Coney too.
If you are looking for an Air Fryer option, check out these Air Fryer Brats!
Grilled Sausage Links
- 6 Pre-Cooked Spicy Smoked Sausage Links (or Favorite Flavor Sausages)
- 6 Top Cut Hot Dog Buns
- 1 Cup Deli-Sliced Pepperoncini
- 1/4 Cup Diced White Onion
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese (Use Block of Cheese)
- Warm the girl up to 450*F.
- Carefully place sausage on the grill and grill for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and carefully cut a slit down the center of the sausage.
- Place each one in a hot dog bun, in the cut of the sausage, top it with diced onion and peppers.
- Top each one with cheese.
- Place back on the grill and close lid for 2-3 minutes until the cheese melts.