Make the perfect go-to cookie dough with this simple cookie dough that can be made gluten-free too!
This Simple Cookie Dough uses pantry ingredients and can be made as a base to just about any cookie that you can imagine. These can be made as cut-out cookies for the holidays or as a base to add things into them such as chocolate chips or sprinkles.
I’ll be sharing with you a variety of cookie recipes over the next few weeks that all use this simple cookie dough.
How do you make this simple vanilla cookie dough gluten-free?
It’s very easy to make gluten-free cookie dough with one swap, gluten-free all-purpose flour. I use Better Batter; however, you can use any 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour that you prefer. They will all work the same way.
That’s the only swap that you will need for this cookie dough recipe! It’s that easy to make it gluten-free.
Of course, if you add anything in, be sure to check the labels to be sure that it’s gluten-free as well.
Tips for Making Simple Cookie Dough:
This cookie dough can be made in advance to cut some of the prep time. When it comes to holiday cookies, we like to make the cookie dough in advance, and then when we are ready to bake the dough is nice and chilled and ready to go.
If you are making cut out cookies, it’s best to chill the dough for at least 1-2 hours, this makes it easier to work with as without chilling it can be a little bit sticky.
When you are ready to cut out the cookies, use some additional flour to roll out the cookies and cut with your choice of cookie cutters.
I’ll be sharing 3 more cookie recipes that will use this Simple Cookie Dough as a base, and as those are shared I’ll be linking them up to this post too. These will be shared over the next 2 weeks, so as I share them I’ll add them here too.
Be sure to stay tuned for more recipes using this Simple Cookie Dough!
Simple Vanilla Cookie Dough (Gluten-Free)
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg Room Temperature
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and salt, beat until combined.
- Bean in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour and beat until well combined.
- Make as sugar cookies or add toppings and additions as you choose.
- To Bake cookies - preheat the oven to 350*F .
- Make drop or cut out cookies of your choice and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack and cool completely.