These Gluten-Free Peppermint Cookies are very festive and delicious, the perfect holiday cookie!
One of my favorites for the holidays is these Gluten-Free Peppermint Cookies. These cookies are made with gluten-free simple cookie dough.
Making gluten-free cookies is as easy as swapping out the flour. To make cookies gluten-free, most of the time all you need to do is make sure to use gluten-free all-purpose flour. I almost always use Better Batter, but any 1:1 gluten-free flour will do.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Peppermint Cookies:
These Peppermint Cookies are fun to make with the kids, you can make them as red cookies with food coloring or you can do them without food coloring and keep them the color of basic sugar cookies.
If you are not a fan of food coloring, by all means, keep them the natural color.
They taste great either way!
The best part for the kids will be dipping them into the chocolate and you can always add white chocolate to dip it in too, make some variety in the cookies. Then, use crushed candy canes to top them with.
We like to make a batch of white chocolate and chocolate and dip them in each one about half and half works well. It gives a nice color to a holiday cookie basket too.
These end up tasting like a Peppermint Mocha Cookie, perfect for the holiday season.
Other cookies to make with Simple Cookie Dough:
Now you have THREE types of cookies to make with one simple cookie dough, plus of course, this dough can be used for basic cutout cookies too. That means you really have even more cookie variations to make some great cookie baskets.
Remember too that this can always be regular and not gluten-free, the choice is yours on what you need.
Also, be sure to try the Peppermint Mocha Cheesecake Ball!
Enjoy these fabulous Gluten-Free Peppermint Cookies!
Peppermint Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- 1 Simple Cookie Dough
- 1 Tsp Peppermint Extract
- 2-3 Drops Red Food Coloring
- Granulated Sugar Optional
- Chocolate Almond Bark or Melting Chocolate
- Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Add food coloring and peppermint extract to the prepared cookie dough mix.
- Roll into balls and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly press down each cookie ball using a flat bottom glass dipped in water.
- Sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
- Crush peppermint in a resealable bag using a rolling pin.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Dip edge of the cookie into the chocolate and then add crushed peppermint.
- Set on a wire rack to fully harden.
- Store in an airtight container until serving.